Senior Service Consultant
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Contributes to the organization’s mission statement and goals by providing the highest quality of service, treating each person professionally, with warmth, courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrates the Core Value ‘Show Up to Serve’ by bringing a sense of urgency to their role.
- Makes a personal effort to make members feel they belong and are important to the credit union.
- Successfully incorporates concepts of Deliver Value, Create Loyalty in daily behaviors and interactions with both internal and external members.
- Effectively interviews members to identify needs; proactively explains and refers available financial products and services in order to strengthen the member relationship.
- Performs such other member service functions as needed and assists others to complete tasks and work assignments.
- Processes the same variety of financial transactions as a Service Consultant II including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, loan payments and wire transfers.
- Processes Safe Deposit Box rental, access, maintenance, and closure.
- Provides Notary Public services.
- Provides account origination and maintenance services including:
- Opens, processes alterations, updates, and/or closures of all WECU offerings of personal checking and savings, certificates, and youth accounts.
- Resolves account discrepancies and answers complex questions for both members and staff.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of all types of account ownership and account classifications to assist members in making the most effective use of credit union services.
- Refers WECU financial products and services to ensure member satisfaction.
- Assists in sales and service efforts for Retail, Home Loan Center, and Business Banking.
- Assists branch management, as necessary, including staff scheduling, opening and closing the branch, facilitating meetings and responding to situations wherein a manager would be needed.
- Handles escalated member situations and makes decisions and adjustments as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Minimum 6 months experience as a WECU Service Specialist or related experience in a similar role at a financial institution or 2 years customer facing experience in a retail environment may be accepted instead. customer service with cash handling experience preferred. Spanish fluency is a plus.
NOTE: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job.
The salary range for this position is from $20.60 to $29.09 per hour.
WECU provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits with premiums for employee coverage paid in full, 401(k) retirement plan with an 8% annual contribution from WECU, bonus plan, two or more weeks of vacation, up to 11 paid holidays, paid life and disability insurance, annual wellness benefit, loan discounts, professional development, and much more.
WECU is a not-for-profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has over 130,000 members and over $2.3 billion in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice.
WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We make employment decisions based on merit and qualifications and seek to have the best qualified person in every job. WECU policy prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.