Senior Personal Financial Representative
Gesa Credit Union
Region: Lynnwood, WA
Contact: Kindra Cobos
Phone: (509) 378-3100
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide Exceptional Member Service
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products, services, policies and procedures, as well as industry regulations
- Assist members with establishing new memberships, opening accounts, consumer lending, and account servicing.
- Expert at asking questions/interviewing members about their financial situation
- Recognizes, initiates, and refers cross-sell opportunities by sharing the features and benefits of credit union products and services.
- Proactively seeks out opportunities and asks for commitments
- Consistently develop and maintain member relationships
- Responsible for proactive sales initiatives and achieving personal production goals and objectives (loans, memberships, deposits, etc). Identify follow-up activities in accordance with established procedures and quality standards.
- Promote and support digital banking initiatives
- Takes ownership of member concerns and provides prompt follow-up/resolution
- Fill in as (or support) Member Service Associate when needed
- Works with minimum support/supervision to resolve problems.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of member information according to regulatory and organization guidelines and policies
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and regulatory requirements. Control risk and perform duties in a safe and sound manner.
- Complete assigned training programs in timely and accurate manner. Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars if approved by the Branch Leader.
- Assist members in solving complex account and lending problems
- Proficient in opening, discussing and understanding business accounts, trust accounts, IRAs, deceased-owner accounts and other complicated accounts and distributions
- Proficient in opening, discussing and understanding home equity loans (as appropriate)
- An expert in assisting members with digital banking needs
- Serve as resource or Subject Matter Expert
- Proficient in the training, coaching, and mentoring of other team members
- Ability to assist in the branch monthly certifications, cash ordering, vault cash audits, and other operational tasks as needed for branch leadership and career development
- Successfully perform the duties, responsibilities and job functions as the Assistant Branch Leader or Branch Leader in their absence
- Demonstrate and support credit union values and service standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to make quality decisions in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Consistently display interpersonal skills to relate effectively and professionally to members, the public, colleagues, and all levels of management
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service and support to all members, departments and colleagues; displaying respect for all areas of diversity and levels of knowledge
- Ability to manage constantly changing priorities with versatility, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Ability to multi-task on numerous projects simultaneously
- Work as a resource on various organizational projects as needed
- Understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities
- Notary Public
- National Mortgage Licensing System Registration (as appropriate)
- High School Degree (or equivalent) required, two-year degree preferred
- Three or more years of similar or related experience
- Ability to work with varying levels of technology
- Possess high level of personal integrity and ethics
- Ability to participate in and support a team environment
- Support community events and business partnerships
- Proficient with standard office equipment, MS Office, computer and reporting applications, software, and credit union programs
- Ability to report for work on time and maintain a schedule of regular attendance
- Project a professional image at all times
- Some travel may be required to fulfill duties, career development and/or responsibilities Per the Dictionary of Occupational Titles, this is considered a sedentary position.
- Frequent sitting (31-70%).
- Occasional walking and standing (11-30%).
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs. frequently, including negligible forces.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. on a seldom basis.
- Frequent repetitive hand and wrist motions.
- Work environment is indoors, in a clean office area
Gesa Credit Union believes that each team member is a leader and makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by any assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position profile is designed to outline the primary duties, desired competencies, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the team member or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors and to focus on our members
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Regular Full Time Employee Benefits
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 18 Days Accrued Paid Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Employer Provided Long Term Disability
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- 401k & Roth 401k With Employer Match
- Employer Provided Life Insurance & AD&D
- Tuition Assistance & Reimbursement Programs
- Employee Loan Discounts
- Quarterly Incentive Program
- Annual Incentive Program
Your Extra Perks:
- Employee Assistance Program
- Development Training
- Employee Recognition Program, Gesa Gold & Service Awards
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa reserves the right not to hire any relatives of or those in a close personal relationship with any Gesa employee, Board member or Supervisory Committee member.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Gesa Credit Union will not discriminate against persons because of their disability, including disabled veterans, and will make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying and require special assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please contact our Human Resources department at (509) 378-3100.
EOE/AA – Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Veteran