Senior Personal Banker
Starting pay range: $22.20 – $26.80, plus incentive plan.
Location: Eugene/Springfield, OR
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble, and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard; contribute to an outstanding member experience; support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development.
As a Senior Personal Banker, you are responsible for providing guidance to members, opening accounts, processing, and funding loan applications and cross-selling other OCCU products and services. Understanding each product and effectively communicating the benefits is key to building strong, trusted relationships with members.
Every day you will:
- Act as a trusted advisor in all interactions with membership. Clarify member request by asking questions to understand the members’ expectations, concerns and needs in order to recommend and fulfill the appropriate products, services and actions. Establish and develop ongoing member relationships through multiple channels.
- Actively contribute to branch and Credit Union goals. Meet or exceed individual service and sales goals, using effective techniques that result in a positive member experience. Develop and execute a project management plan that addresses the level of complexity associated with the project
- Evaluate and accurately process Consumer and Business member requests. Review credit bureau reports, prepare account/loan documentation in alignment with procedures, explain all disclosures and documentation accurately to the member and follow-up with members as appropriate. Understand terms and language of business accounts and loans. Effectively communicate with business members regarding business relationships with OCCU. Receive, process and post member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loan payments in an accurate and efficient manner in the branch or on the telephone. Maintain accurate records of all transactions. Balance cash drawer, vault, and cash dispensers, when necessary.
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- Three years of similar or related experience.
- Must maintain licensing and relevant updates with the NMLS Safe Act website including address changes, name changes, and other relevant personal information changes required by NMLS. Annually renew licensing in the timeline allotted by NMLS.
- Stay current on products, procedure, and other pertinent changes. Attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform the job.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer