Senior Payroll Benefits Specialist
Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a hybrid full-time salaried Senior Payroll & Benefits Specialist to work out of our Harborside location in beautiful Kitsap County. The Senior Payroll & Benefits Specialist is responsible for overseeing and supervising payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. This position is responsible for providing employee benefits services regarding retirement, health insurance, life insurance, AD&D, LTD, Worker’s Compensation, wellness programs, COBRA, FSA’s, and HSA accounts.
Seniority level: Individual Contribution
Reports to: Director, Human Resources
Employment Type: Hybrid Full-Time Salaried
Working hours: Monday-Friday 8 AM – 5 PM
Job Functions: Auditing, Finance, Payroll, General Business
Typical Job Duties
- Prepare, audit, review, and accurately process payroll on a biweekly basis within processing deadlines.
- Investigate, research, and resolve customer inquiries on payroll and benefits.
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of the HRIS, ensure all payroll information and records are maintained in accordance with statutory requirements.
- Run and review payroll reports, logs, and reconciliations.
- Assist with worker’s compensation and COBRA administration.
- Prepare and file necessary bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports.
- Administers benefit programs such as, health, life, dental, and others.
- Reconcile and approve benefits accounts and benefit premium statements from insurance companies.
- Serves as point of contact for: employees injured while performing work; unemployment claims; verification of employment; and payroll and benefits administration activities.
- Provides input on the interpretation of policies, regulations, and laws related to employee benefits and payroll.
- Plan, evaluate, and deliver employee benefits services including open enrollment, onboarding, and training/education.
- Prepares and distributes total compensation statements.
- Ensures up-to-date payroll and benefits related documents are maintained and accessible to employees as required.
This role may be right for you if you enjoy growing others and building a positive workplace. You pride yourself on your keen eye for detail on complex tasks. Your previous employers praise your ability to accurately prepare reports ahead of deadlines, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to create a lasting impact through improving and streamlining efficiencies. Your friends consider you approachable and tactful, and your family is proud of your passion to help the community and those around you.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Accounting or like discipline, or equivalent experience, required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as the senior payroll and benefit specialist.
- Minimum 5 years’ technical knowledge and experience with relevant local, state, and federal payroll tax laws.
- Experience with payroll HRIS systems required, Ultimate Kronos Group (UKG) preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification, preferred.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******