Senior Mortgage Underwriter
Unitus Community Credit Union
Region: Portland, OR
Contact: Rachel Browning
Phone: (503) 423-8320
• Provide exceptional service and quality in underwriting residential mortgage loans in a fast-paced environment.
• Verify product eligibility and ensure application information is complete and accurate and that loan documents and approval conditions are satisfied prior to funding the loan.
• Successfully field member inquiries which relate to product and program guidelines, credit requirements, application completion and interest rates, terms and fee structures.
• Maintain compliance with approved guidelines and ensure that the loans placed into the Credit Union’s loan portfolio meet established risk tolerances.
• Responsible for secondary market and loan pricing functions, including rate posting, locks/commitments, loan sales/shipping, guideline compliance and quality control initiatives.
Apply here: www.unitusccu.com/careers/
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
• Bachelors’ degree in business, finance or a related field, or equivalent in work experience
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in residential mortgage loan underwriting, preferably including at least two years of experience with secondary market sales
• Strong knowledge of current real estate and consumer lending laws and regulations and experience in income analysis and evaluation of acceptable sources of funds
• Current experience with automated underwriting systems such as Desktop Underwriter (FNMA) and/or Loan Prospector (Freddie Mac)
• NMLS licensed and SAFE Act compliant
Please apply at our website: www.unitusccu.com/careers/