Senior HR Generalist
Advantis Credit Union
Region: Clackamas, OR
The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for supporting all Human Resources plans and programs with a focus on supporting the Credit Union’s growth and engagement initiatives and strategic plans. The Senior HR Generalist has a wide range of duties including oversight of all Human Resources policies and procedures, performance management and compensation administration, employee relations and engagement, and provides back-up support for recruiting activities, as needed. Responsible for maintaining compliance with all laws and regulations related to employment. The role will provide back up support to other HR roles and management consultation and support on HR policies and procedures and general human resource issues.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Tracks, reviews and approves employee performance appraisals.
- Performs recruiting activities including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and extending offers of employment.
- Oversees department policies and procedures to include making recommendations for Employee Handbook changes.
- Ensures that all HR policies, procedures, and practices are current and comply with applicable federal, state and local laws. Administers the organizations document management system for the department.
- Consults with employees and managers on Employee handbook policies and procedures, and general human resources matters. Serves as a resource on federal and state employment laws (BOLI, wage and hour, EEO, etc.).
- Researches, develops, and maintains accuracy and compliance of job positions for the organization. Provides assistance to managers for job description updates, and conducts job evaluations for proper grading.
- Maintains employment brand on social media career platforms (LinkedIn, Indeed, Glassdoor). Responds to reviews, maintains consistency in messaging, keeps platforms current, and prepares monthly report of platform analytics.
- Responds to salary surveys and provides compensation related analysis and reports as requested. Works with manager to ensure employee compensation is compliant with internal policies and State and Federal Pay Equity laws.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed. Conducts research and participates in the development and administration of human resources programs, strategies, initiatives and activities, and recommends changes or innovative solutions.
- Creates positive working relationships with employees and credit union leadership. Delivers exceptional service, models credit union values, and promotes a respectful and cooperative work environment.
- Five years’ professional human resources experience; at least three years as an HR Generalist with experience in three or more HR functional areas or programs (i.e. performance management, employee relations, recruiting, compensation, etc.) required.
- Minimum two years full cycle recruiting experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Management, Organizational Development or related discipline preferred. In lieu of a degree, an equivalent combination of education and professional level human resources experience required.
- HRCI certification for Professional of Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) is strongly preferred. SPHR required within one year of employment.
- Ability to interpret and apply Advantis policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to employment and benefits.
- Broad based knowledge of all functional areas of human resource management.
- Must be technology savvy and have the ability to learn new software applications quickly. Proficient in the use of HRIS and applicant tracking systems and MS Office software.
- Ability to analyze complex and sensitive issues and situations, identify alternative solutions, and implement effective course of actions.
- Ability to analyze work processes and to make recommendations for process improvement.
- Attention to detail and ability to ensure important details in process are not overlooked or missed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present information effectively to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the organization.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and occasionally attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.