Senior Financial Services Specialist
Northwest Community Credit Union
Position Primary Purpose:
Establishes strong member relationships, through Uncommon Care, by providing quality service and promoting member advocacy. Supports growth and retention efforts by displaying a high level of knowledge of NWCU products and building relationships with members that result in repeat and referral business.
• Generates growth in deposit balances and account retention through a proactive and disciplined approach. Actively manages the banking relationship through an advice-based approach and ensuring each member receives the best products and services for their needs.
• Partners with specialists such as Investment Manager, Mortgage Banker, and Business Relationship Managers to connect members to experts who can help them with specialized financial needs.
• Interviews members and asks detailed questions to offer solutions that balance member needs with credit union risk. Documents new accounts and loan applications using notes to support a recommendation.
• Recommends, opens, and maintains complex business accounts.
• Opens and maintains member and business accounts, including but not limited to, trust accounts, certificate of deposits (CDs), money market, checking, savings accounts, and consumer loans including mortgage and home equity.
• Performs IRA maintenance tasks including withdrawals, transfers, and deposits. Understands and applies the basic rules of IRAs, such as deposits made in current year for prior year and can explain the difference between an IRA and Roth IRA to a member.
• Understands and explains the differences between a home equity loan and mortgage loan to members. Assists members in identifying documentation required to apply for a mortgage loan.
• Provides details around consumer loan products and answers all questions regarding rates, terms, and other consumer loan products.
• Records detailed notes to document member interactions, complex situations, and transactions to minimize lapse in employee communication or member service.
• Participates in credit union initiatives and promotions to achieve assigned financial service goals.
• Understands and complies with federal and other regulations relating to financial products and services as well as NWCU policies and procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA).
• Participates in training activities to ensure compliance with credit union policies, state, and federal regulations.
• Manages workflow of members with a sense of urgency to provide minimal wait times, including responding to messages and emails in a timely and professional manner.
• Ensures the credit union’s on-going ability to be our members’ preferred source for financial products by participating in the development of new and responsive products and services.
• All other duties as assigned.
High school diploma (GED equivalent) required with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a financial institution with exposure to customer service, cash handling, consumer loans, residential, business services, fiduciary account administration and operations. Strong interpersonal skills, including maintaining positive relationships and excellent customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to deepen relationships with affluent members. Must be able to develop a reputation in the community as a trusted financial professional. Must have in-depth knowledge of credit union systems, products, services, account ownership, and procedures; including complex business accounts with the ability to recommend, open, and service accounts. Strong written and verbal communications a must.