Senior Executive Assistant to the CEO
Kitsap Credit Union
- Provides high-level administrative support to the Board of Directors and/or the President/CEO, to include initiation and management of calendar; email; correspondence; presentations; reports; research; telephone calls; travel coordination; expense reconciliation; department budget preparation and monitoring; social affairs; meeting materials; and minute-taking to ensure business initiatives are moving forward. Provides similar support to the Leadership Team as appropriate.
- Responsible for oversight of Executive Assistant/Liaison to the Board of Directors. Oversee the preparation, maintenance, and completion of records of all meetings of the members and of the Board.
- Shadows CEO in critical meetings, taking notes, tracking, and following up on action items, ensuring the organization is staying focused on top priorities.
- Manages and organizes complex and demanding calendars by actively responding to meeting requests. Proactively resolves and prioritizes scheduling conflicts. Coordinates with other admins, SVPs, employees, outside vendors, organizations, and/or consultants to schedule meetings/events.
- Formulates plans and work schedules that meet priorities and deadlines of the Board of Directors and the President/CEO.
- Performs specialized and/or confidential administrative duties. Conducts research and prepares statistical and financial reports to assist the President/CEO in the development of strategic and business plans and the budget.
- Initiates, manages, and audits all correspondence, communications, policies, and reports for format, accuracy, and completeness that require Board of Directors and/or President/CEO review and/or signature.
- Drives CEO’s plans and initiatives, managing the workflow and problem-solving from concept through to completion.
- Properly maintains executive records, Board minutes, corporate files, and reports to facilitate easy and quick retrieval of documents upon request.
- Administers process for member complaints received in Administration, ensuring prompt resolution and/or response. Keeps the President/CEO informed of concerns that warrant their attention.
- Reviews Board and Management policies for accuracy, continuity, grammar, and format.
- Manages company special events hosted by the President/CEO. Ensures that events, meetings, facilitators, conferences, and related contracts meet budget, deadlines, and organization specifications.
- Supervises the employees and activities assigned to the Administration department, including delegating responsibilities; prioritizing workloads; managing; supervising; hiring; firing; training; evaluation; recognition; staffing; and employee counseling for department employees.
- Acts under delegated authority from the President/CEO.
- Exercises emotional intelligence in a fast-paced environment that demands a delicate blend of agility, tact, and managing up.
- Uses discretion and professionalism in dealing with managers, employees, board members, customers, and the public.
- Maintains complete confidentiality and always protects sensitive information. Projects professionalism in appearance, demeanor, and reliability at all times.
- Contributes to effective department and company operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- This position supervises others and is responsible for being results oriented, collaborative, to delegate effectively, and embrace the organization’s core values, ensuring team effectiveness.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Five years administrative support experience in an executive level position plus at least 2 years within a senior administrative capacity partnering with a CEO in a dynamic fast-paced environment, required.
- Experience in a financial environment preferred.
- Project and/or program management experience preferred.
- Two plus years prior leadership experience, strongly preferred.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters, whether inside or outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently with no supervision, make decisions in accordance with company policies, and work effectively with the Board of Directors, management, staff, vendors, and the public.
- Proven organizational skills, self-starter, multi-tasker, and the ability to take initiative and meet priorities in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet numerous deadlines, work with frequent disruptions, and reprioritize assignments as necessary.
- Proven experience driving complex projects while successfully executing and implementing concepts, plans and initiatives.
- Proven skills in the use of math, business English, grammar, letter writing, and the taking and transcribing of business meeting minutes.
- Successful experience in and the ability to work as a member of an effective team, work with multiple departments, and to work under pressure, always maintaining a sense of humor.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them with appropriate.
- Experience in and the ability/willingness to convey a positive and professional image; maintain effective public relations, always with courtesy and respect and using tact and good judgement
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications effectively and efficiently.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office applications, and Adobe Acrobat Professional required.
Who We Are
The Pacific Northwest is a great place to call home. That’s how we at Kitsap Credit Union have felt ever since we opened our doors in 1934 within the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. Starting off as Navy Yard Metal Trades Credit Union, we’ve undergone a few name changes and our commitment to serving the community has never changed.
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
*****Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.*****