Senior Director of Finance & Controller
Clean Energy Credit Union
- Oversees all daily, weekly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities.
- Oversees daily cash management, including identifying and placing appropriate investments under the direction of the SVP of Business Development & Strategy.
- Ensures accurate, relevant, and timely reporting to management and the Board of Directors. Continuously enhances reporting to provide strategic insights on key performance indicators.
- Ensures accurate preparation and timely submission of regulatory reports including Call Reports (Form 5300).
- Ensures that financial processes are operating at an optimal level. Coordinate change with others throughout the Credit Union to enhance processes as needed.
- Identifies and implements process improvements to enhance and streamline internal operations.
- Oversees accounts payable and vendor management, including required periodic vendor due diligence and contract renewal negotiations.
- Oversees electronic payments to ensure efficient, timely processing and for full compliance with all FRB and NACHA rules.
- Oversees the annual budget cycle.
- Coordinates periodic Asset Liability Management testing and builds and maintains related financial models.
- Counsels’ management on fiscal results and profitability.
- Supports dealer relations activities. Acts as the internal administrator for all Loan Loss Reserve programs to ensure compliance with sponsor reporting requirements.
- Liaisons with all external auditors and regulatory agencies, compiles data and explanations as necessary.
- Participates in monthly Board meetings to provide financial overviews, informational updates and management recommendations.
- Liaisons to the Supervisory Committee, which includes responding to requests for information and providing management responses to audit findings, also compiling data and explanations as necessary.
- Participates in establishing the strategic direction of the credit union by developing plans with the management team.
- Develops, trains, schedules, assigns and reviews work of support services staff.
- Responsible for compliance with the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA), the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and the Anti Money Laundering Act, including monitoring for such illegal activity as it applies to this position.
- Responsible for researching compliance with new and existing technical accounting issues.
- Adheres to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the Credit Union.
- Supports credit union staff as needed.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Position Titles that Report to this Position:
- Staff Accountant
- Back Office Assistant
Desired Job Competencies:
- Attention to Detail – Ensuring that information collected, provided, and/or evaluated is consistent with all related information available; holding to regulatory standards, recognizing that they exist to protect and honor members’ financial well-being.
- Detailed knowledge of the credit union’s products, services, policies, and procedures.
- Leadership – Identifying opportunities for long-term credit union success and inspiring others to pursue excellence. Balancing the needs of one’s department with those of the greater credit union.
- Driving for Results – Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
- Data Analysis – Gathering, manipulating, processing, and evaluating numeric data to guide credit union decisions.
- Earning Trust– Gaining others’ confidence by acting with integrity and following through on commitments while disclosing own positions; treating others and their ideas with respect and supporting them in the face of challenge.
- Service Excellence – Taking actions and developing relationships necessary to meet and exceed member needs (includes relationships with members, coworkers, and external partners); holding self and others accountable for providing a positive member experience; using appropriate interpersonal skills to resolve difficult member situations and regain their confidence.
- Communication – Possessing and utilizing compelling written and verbal communication skills. Listening and adapting to received instructions, concerns, and spoken/written needs.
- Process Development – Creating and improving procedures to increase workflow, efficiency, and outcomes.
- Driving Innovation – Creating an environment (culture) that inspires people to generate novel solutions with measurable value for existing and potential customers (internal or external); encouraging experimentation with new ways to solve work problems and seize opportunities that result in unique and differentiated solutions.
Preferred Education and Work Experience:
- Four-year college degree in business with specialization in accounting or finance.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an accounting role with a working knowledge of budgeting, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Minimum two years’ experience in a leadership role in a financial institution.
- Certified Public Accountant CPA preferred but not required
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent Math and Analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
This job operates in a professional office environment and may be eligible for remote work. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Sedentary computer work.
- Position is subject to irregular hours.
- May require occasional travel to attend off-stie meetings or conferences.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Salary: $70,720 – $93,600