Senior Consumer Loan Processor
Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to manage a high volume pipeline of all consumer and home equity loan types.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone with members and all parties involved to ensure closing deadlines are met.
- Ensure loan conditions of approval are requested and received in a timely manner. Follow up on conditions when necessary.
- Support internal and external members while maintaining a courteous and helpful attitude.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Verity Credit Union’s loan products and services.
- Understand and comply with applicable federal and state laws, banking regulations and Verity Credit Unions policies and procedures.
- Educate and cross-sell members of consumer loan protection products such as MBP, Gap Insurance and Debt Cancellation.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Please Note: If you feel you do not have all the qualifications and/or skills listed we still encourage you to apply.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two or more years of experience in a Consumer Lending role
- One year or more of home equity loan processing a plus
- Solar loan processing experience a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Flexibility in days/hours scheduled.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodate the physical aspects of any position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to be issued and maintain a valid notary certification.