Senior Consumer Loan Processor
Verity Credit Union
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Ability to manage a high volume pipeline of all consumer and home equity loan types.
- Ability to communicate effectively over the phone with members and all parties involved to ensure closing deadlines are met.
- Ensure loan conditions of approval are requested and received in a timely manner. Follow up on conditions when necessary.
- Support internal and external members while maintaining a courteous and helpful attitude.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of Verity Credit Union’s loan products and services.
- Understand and comply with applicable Federal and State laws, banking regulations and Verity Credit Unions policies and procedures.
- Educate and cross-sell members of consumer loan protection products such as MBP, Gap Insurance and Debt Cancellation.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years’ experience in Consumer Lending with 1 year Home Equity loan processing or applicable experience with Verity Credit Unions systems and applications.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus!
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
- Excellent attendance required.
- Flexibility in days/hours scheduled.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
Verity CU is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Position requires the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff.
- Position requires the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Position requires the ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment.
- Position requires the ability to be issued and maintain a valid notary certification.
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.