Senior Communication Specialist – Job #3426
Northwest Credit Union Association
Region: Pacific Northwest
Contact: Jennifer Huggard
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (206) 340-4842
Fax: (206) 340-4802
Are you a words person with mad writing skills who is waiting for a unique opportunity to represent something you can believe in? The Northwest Credit Union Association has a new opportunity in the Communications/Marketing Department for an experienced Senior Communication Specialist.
If you’re juiced by prose, believe great writing is the reason behind everything good, and you can write quickly capturing the nuances needed to motivate various audiences, please keep reading. Our dream candidate has stellar writing skills, works well under deadline pressure, and can write everything from news releases to social, to print and digital marketing collateral. If your passion is writing and re-purposing content, you just might be the candidate we are looking for.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Contributes as assigned to NWCUA’s weekly newsletter, Anthem, tailored to senior leadership and credit union employees, industry regulators, and trade press.
- Conduct interviews, research, and write assigned articles and related social media posts targeting credit union staff and leaders. Content includes credit union accomplishments and best practices, professional development opportunities, community impact opportunities, regulatory, compliance, and advocacy updates.
- Coordinate two weekly Anthem stories with the Strategic Link staff. Gather and report stories that communicate business partners’ value to member credit unions. Serve as the Association’s “beat reporter” for Strategic Link by covering relevant news, and seeking opportunities to make media and member credit unions aware of the value Strategic Link partners offer.
- Prepare news releases and story pitches as assigned for trade and “mainstream” media.
- Serve as back-up editor and digital support for Anthem writing, editing, posting, and send-out, in the event of team absences.
- In collaboration with the MarComm department and Leadership Team, monitor to ensure the Association’s voice is appropriate and consistent across all channels.
- Determine how to re-purpose content for all channels to reach intended
Our ideal candidate will have five years or more of experience in the corporate communications environment. An ability to balance multiple tasks on deadline is critical. This position requires you to possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven experience writing for multiple audiences and channels, attention to detail, and a team work ethic. Experience in implementing editorial calendars, multimedia content creation, and overall digital content management is a must. Corporate or trade association background preferred.
The ideal candidate will be intrepid, have a four-year degree in journalism, communications or public relations, or equivalent work experiences and B2B content creation experience.
A portfolio that demonstrates writing experience news, marketing, and social media will be requested during our application process.
Salary ranges from $50-$60K depending on experience. Generous benefits package including employer paid medical/dental, 401k match, paid vacation, and much more.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with job number #3426 in the subject line of your email by August 26, 2019.
Note: The Northwest Credit Union Association has offices in Boise, Idaho, Tigard, Oregon, and SeaTac, Washington. This position can be based out of the location that fits the candidate.