Sr. Commercial Loan Processor & Closer
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our Members. As part of the Business Lending Team at our headquarters in downtown Portland, the Senior Commercial Loan Processor and Closer supports the loan officers and underwriters in processing, closing, and booking commercial loans and serving member’s needs. This position will coordinate the collection of all documents necessary to close commercial real estate loans and business loans, and will work with lender and borrower legal counsel, title companies, and other vendors supplying third party reports. The Sr. Commercial Loan Processor and Closer will ensure all collateral is properly filed and that the loan is booked into the core system according to the terms and conditions set forth in the loan approval. Duties include document preparation, analyzing multifaceted entity and collateral information, investigating and resolving title insurance issues, ordering appraisals, appraisal reviews, ordering environmental reports and quality control of junior processor’s work. This is in an effort to enable our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to align your career with your values, contribute and grow your talents. This individual will have the option of working partly in the office and partly at home, or 100% in the office, depending on their preference.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years commercial loan processing and closing experience at a bank, credit union and/or equivalent financial institution required.
- Commercial Real Estate processing/closing experience required.
- Prefer experience creating loan documents using commercial loan documentation software.
- Able to travel locally on a regular basis including, maintain a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation for travel.
- Working knowledge of commercial loan documentation software such as Compliance One or Laserpro required.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up on problems until resolved.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills demonstrated through strong composition, grammar, spelling, punctuation and proofreading abilities. Must be able to effectively communicate and discuss complex ideas and demonstrate courtesy and tact when dealing with co-workers, members and third-party vendors.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Credit Union’s products and services, Loan Policy and procedures, along with general knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations that govern commercial/business lending.
- Maintain punctuality, tact, thoroughness, and professionalism in representing Unitus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as a team player, while using sound decision-making, judgment, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates a high degree of confidentiality with member-related information.
- Familiarity with the major cities located within the Unitus service area.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office Suite such as Excel/Word; with the ability to learn and adapt to specialized loan software.