Senior Business Credit Analyst
iQ Credit Union
The Senior Business Credit Analyst is responsible for managing the credit analysis function in the Business Services department. Works with loan officers in credit analysis, credit request preparation, loan packaging, and other related activities and duties in order to ensure timely, accurate presentations of member business loans, including but not limited to new loan requests and annual reviews of existing loans.
- Responsible for compilation, review, input and analysis of member financial data to assist in the credit decision and ensure that loans and terms remain within established parameters and established policies of the Credit Union.
- Assist Vice President, Business Services in preparing monthly and quarterly reports to be provided to senior management.
- Manage the workflow of all documents and processes needed to complete complex credit analysis of new and existing business loans between loan officers, junior credit analysts, and other staff members.
- Compile all current required financial documentation for new and existing loans, corresponding with borrowers to ensure proper documentation is provided, processing, input, and of financial documentation.
- Perform analysis of complex financial statements, cash flows, and tax returns to evaluate the financial position of the borrower and/or guarantor(s) to support Member Business loans decisions. May assist with training and supervising lesser senior staff in performing these tasks.
- Analyze and evaluate borrowers / guarantors ability to support repayment of proposed loans, while considering all sources of income and obligations of the borrower / guarantor.
- May recommend loan terms and/or pricing structures to loan officer.
- May assist loan officers in writing and submitting credit approval requests.
- Correspond with existing borrowers regarding annual reviews and maturities, interest rate changes, term changes, providing them with list of documentation needed. Follow up until information is received.
- Track workflow completion.
- Assist loan officers in gathering information by ordering credit reports through established channels.
- Perform annual reviews for all assigned loans.
- Ensure that all NCUA, DFI, and Credit Union loan policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Perform various office-related duties such as answering telephones, responding to email requests, filing, printing and copying, preparing outgoing packages for shipping through established channels.
- Maintain and update borrower files and other records.
- Interact with branch staff on a regular basis, acting as Member Business Lending resource.
- Reconcile and prepare monthly and quarterly departmental reports for manager, as assigned.
- With limited direction, complete a wide variety of non-routine, special administrative projects.
- Contribute to department by taking the initiative to assist co-workers. Actively participate in staff meetings.
- Maintain strict confidentially regarding member information at all times.
- May provide input in the interviewing, hiring, and terminating of less senior Business Credit Analysts.
- May support VP Business Services in training, developing, and supervising the work of other Business Credit Analysts.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
Experience: Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).
*Position can be office or remote with expectation of training in person up to first 90 days and then applicant can be remote if Supervisor agrees.
Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance options
Education Assistance Programs – student loan repayment match AND tuition reimbursement
Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
Paid volunteer time
Award-winning Wellness Program
Equal Employment Statement:
iQ Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.