Senior Branch Representative
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard, contribute to an outstanding member experience, support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs, and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development. We offer a competitive wage, benefit and retirement package along with opportunities to develop your career in our growing credit union. Individuals who thrive on problem-solving, making a difference and working for a company that provides more than just a job and are motivated by what OCCU has to offer, are invited to apply today!
The Senior Branch Representative is highly skilled and knowledgeable, creating an impression that delivers a message of professionalism, competence and trust. This requires the ability to repeatedly project a warm, caring persona showing understanding, compassion, and sincerity. This position is key in building long-term relationships with members by expertly determining needs and appropriately matching services that fit the members’ current financial conditions as well as proactively looking for ways to maintain or improve their future financial condition.
The Senior Branch Representative is responsible for providing financial guidance to members, opening consumer and business accounts, processing and funding loan applications and cross-selling other Credit Union products and services. Fully understanding our products and effectively communicating their benefits is key to building strong, trusted relationships with our members. The Senior Branch Representative competently handles highly complex, unique and escalated member situations and actively problem solves. Full time Senior Branch Representatives work about 40 hours per week between Monday and Saturday.
OCCU offers additional compensation for bilingual Spanish speaking employees in the Branch Representative position. Those who meet the criteria receive $1.00 per hour paid in addition to their regular wage, and $1.50 per overtime hour paid. To be eligible, an employee must pass a standardized language test, assist Spanish speaking members and be added to a designated call list to assist members at any branch or remotely.
Location: Eugene/Springfield, OR
Pay Range: $18.31 – $22.89 per hour, eligible for commission
To find out more about OCCU career opportunities, visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/current-career-opportunities.
If you want to apply directly to this opportunity, click here: https://myoccu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/d95f5202-f21c-1731-e9b1-326f41047c1d/apply?source=1617216-CS-22573
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Responsible for exceptional member service including greeting members promptly, personalizing member interactions and making accurate recommendations to internal service providers. Demonstrate ownership of resolution, a sense of urgency and a professional demeanor.
- Act as a trusted advisor in all interactions with consumer and business membership. Clarify member request by asking questions to understand the members’ expectations, concerns and needs in order to recommend and fulfill the appropriate products, services and actions. Establish and develop ongoing member relationships through multiple channels.
- Understand OCCU’s personal and business products and services. Provide members and potential members with accurate and precise information about all Credit Union products and services.
- Seek information to understand member situations, needs and potential benefits. Personalize approach to product or service recommendations, demonstrate benefits unique to the member, leverage supportive factors, overcome barriers and address the needs of each situation.
- Actively contribute to branch and Credit Union goals. Meet or exceed individual service and sales goals, using effective techniques that result in a positive member experience.
- Evaluate and accurately process Consumer and Business member requests. Review credit bureau reports, prepare account/loan documentation in alignment with procedures, explain all disclosures and documentation accurately to the member and follow-up with members as appropriate. Understand terms and language of business accounts and loans. Effectively communicate with business members regarding business relationships with OCCU.
- Receive, process and post member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers and loan payments in an accurate and efficient manner in the branch or on the telephone. Maintain accurate records of all transactions. Balance cash drawer, vault and cash dispensers, when necessary.
- Stay current on products, procedure, and other pertinent changes. Attend and complete training that enhances one’s ability to perform the job.
- Complete work independently in a multi-task environment and as a part of a team.
- Keep track of one’s schedule and attend work and meetings as scheduled and on time.
- Must follow all BSA regulations, including completing CTR reports when applicable, reporting suspicious activity via SAR when applicable and completing annual training.
- Must maintain licensing and relevant updates with the NMLS Safe Act website including address changes, name changes, and other relevant personal information changes required by NMLS. Annually renew licensing in the timeline allotted by NMLS.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
A minimum of five years of similar or related experience.
Equivalent to a high school education. Two-year college degree preferred.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Saturday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer