The Senior Asset Recovery Specialist oversees more complex asset recovery activities within the Loss Prevention Department. Responsibilities include processing garnishments and levies, filing insurance claims, managing bankruptcies, researching credit disputes, and processing foreclosures. The Senior Asset Recovery Specialist also coordinates settlement negotiations, monitors foreclosure timelines, and acts as the attorney liaison for more complex files. May assist with other asset recovery and/or collection activities as needed.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Reviews, processes, and monitors all chapters of bankruptcies to mitigate loss, in compliance with bankruptcy regulations and the Credit Unions policies and procedures. May require appearances in court and communicating with bankruptcy attorneys and trustees. Assigns complex cases to the Loss Prevention Attorney.
- Processes all court ordered garnishments and levies and sends correspondence to the appropriate member, court, attorney or government agency. Collects and maintains files for all withholding orders.
- Monitors and collects on delinquent mortgage loans while adhering to all CFPB regulations.
- Assigns accounts to the attorney for foreclosure actions. Manages securing the home, obtaining insurance, preparing and liisting it for sale.
- Files disability, life and unemployment claims with CUNA Mutual for members and posts daily claim payments to the member’s covered loans.
- Performs research and audits loan payment history on disputed accounts. Manages dispute queue and initiates corrections through on-line portal.
- Corrects account errors and problems. Ensures that all available resource materials and options are utilized and exhausted to arrive at a win-win resolution.
- Performs credit investigations. Assists with the collection of delinquent loans. Responsible for the collection of all loans assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum three years’ experience in collections environment within a financial institution is required.
- Experience with bankruptcies, foreclosures, and garnishments required.
- Thorough knowledge of collection procedures.
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements as they pertain to the collection and lending areas.
- Good understanding of loan underwriting guidelines, procedures, documentation and record keeping requirements.
- Ability to maintain credit union product knowledge and regulation certification.
- Proficient in use of personal computer, particularly word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficient in use of credit union’s computer system for member account management. Ability to quickly learn new computer applications/systems and work with multiple data systems simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Projects a professional image at all times when representing the credit union
- Ability to maintain high standards in areas of security, accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and neatness of documentation, system input, correspondence, system upgrades and system testing.
- Meets annual product knowledge certification, regulation training and other training requirements
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours. Work schedule may vary to provide sufficient service levels.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you.
Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
What is it like to work at Advantis? Watch our video click here
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
Interested in Applying? Apply Here.