Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union has a full-time, salaried, in-person or hybrid opening for a Senior Accountant in beautiful Kitsap County, WA. The ideal applicant will have previous experience working within the general ledger, and on reconciliations, financial statements, investments, and fixed assets. The new employee will play a pivotal role in completing our month-end and year-end close, ensuring our GAAP and NCUA compliance, and in maintaining other tax and accounting reports. Another core function of this position is providing co-workers and subordinates with coaching and training on processes, and process improvement.
Typical Job Duties:
- Complete month-end and year-end financial close and reporting process in accordance with GAAP
- Review journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations prepared by other staff of KCU
- Mentor and cross train other accountants in the department as directed to include such areas as investments, accounts payable, fixed assets and loan participations
- Leads the annual 990 tax form preparation processes coordinating with external CPA resources
- Reviews and submits regulatory reports, including the NCUA 5300 Call Report, CU Profile and Federal Reserve 2900 Report being responsible for implementing any directed reporting changes from the regulatory agencies
Title: Senior Accountant
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Supervisor, Accounting
Employment Type: Full Time, Salaried, in-person
Job Functions: Accounting, Reporting, Finance, Business
This role may be right for you if you have a keen eye to both detail and compliance. You pride yourself on understanding regulations and your ability to resolve complex reconcilliation across ledgers. Your previous employers’ site your ability to accurately prepare statements and reports ahead of deadlines, and your previous coworkers talk about how you were always available for questions and to teach them something new. Your friends seek you out when they are trying to make sense of their budgets and you’re always ready to help. Your family is proud of your ability to proactively plan and manage the budget in a way that benefits them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Five plus years’ experience with a credit union in an accounting or finance department, or equivalent accounting or finance experience required
- Experience in working with NCUA/DFI and/or independent auditors
- Experience with Fiserv Prologue General Ledger system and Reconciliation software
- Experience with Jack Henry Episys-Symitar
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
*****Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.*****