SBA Loan Processor
Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
This position is responsible for preparing loan documents for the SBA Department. Loan documents include but are not limited to, SBA specific documents, Laser Pro, and SBA related forms when deemed appropriate. This position also works directly with the Commercial Lending / Commercial Servicing team for loan funding and booking. This position ensures all documents that are required for SBA loans are included in the loan package for boarding, booking, and funding of the loan (quality control).
What You Will Be Doing:
- Prepare new loan, extension, and modification documents for SBA loans.
- May prepare SBA forms: SBA Authorization and 1920 when needed.
- May order and evaluate appraisals, title policies, UCC searches and credit reports. May open escrow as appropriate and schedule closings with title companies or attorneys when needed. Communication with SBA Loan Officer, Borrower, and Division Manager is critical in assessing items needed for closing or funding/booking.
- Order and balance funds for next day’s fundings, fund loans, and post.
- Reconcile and verify prior day’s fundings for accuracy.
- Accurately process loans to Commercial Loan Servicing System.
- Prepare and reconcile member business loan reports as required.
- Pay fees for third party appraisers, title companies, credit reports, flood checks, UCC searches etc.
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities.
- Complete disposition of declined/withdrawn loans including billings and refunds.
- Audit new loan files for completeness and follow up on all pending documents.
- Monitor T&I escrow accounts.
- Balance daily & monthly MBL department GL accounts with Accounting Department.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality relative to member’s accounts/loans.
- Work as a team member of the Member Business Loan Department to assure the highest and most professional level of service to Credit Union members.
- Contributes to effective MBL department and credit union operations by performing other related duties as assigned.
- Proven business development skills
- Thorough knowledge of credit services and other credit union services
- Detailed knowledge of lending policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of business cash flow
- Proficient digital literacy with collaboration and efficiency tools including Windows-based operating systems and office suites (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); spreadsheet applications to organize data used for sophisticated data analysis; internet; email; and bank software.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to understand small business relationships and provide options that will meet their needs.
- Ability to achieve a high sales level in business development and cross sales.
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and respond simultaneously to multiple tasks and requests.
- Ability to work well in and contribute to a cohesive team environment.
- Display and maintain courtesy, tact and subtlety with current and potential vendors, peers and staff.
What You Will Need:
- Minimum two years’ experience in commercial or SBA loan processing or servicing required.
- Minimum two years’ experience with Spectrum desired.
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly. Familiarity with Microsoft software.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Minimum two years general clerical experience including keyboarding and PC proficiency.
- Ability to connect with members, loan officers, 3rd parties, and management in completion of tasks.
- Solid understanding of real estate terminology, concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of NCUA and State of Washington compliance and regulatory environment for Member Business Lending and real estate.
- Ability to provide excellent member service.
- Ability to work independently with minimum of supervision and to be a teammate.
Our Team Member Value Proposition
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.