Residential Real Estate Sales Manager
Advantis Credit Union
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the mortgage loan origination team.
- Demonstrates effective leadership, teambuilding skills, goal setting, and promotes cooperation among employees and other departments. Develops a team of motivated, results-oriented individuals.
- Prepares production reports; analyzes sales activities and effectiveness, lead conversion ratios, and closing ratios for loan originators.
- Monitors application pipeline and conducts pipeline meetings with the Mortgage Loan Originators. Ensures compliance with all regulations throughout the application process.
- Proactively develops and nurtures business and referral relationships within the real estate community, including realtors, builders and developers, to attract mortgage prospects.
- Generates new mortgage business by building ongoing mortgage referral network and develops relationships.
- Provides guidance in resolving complex or challenging loan transactions. Assists the mortgage loan origination team and real estate staff with loan scenarios, re-structuring applications, evaluating loan documentation, and investor guidelines and pricing.
- Acts as senior loan officer for the credit union.
- Manages web based loan application system, department loan operating system and other loan related technology used daily by the loan officers.
- Makes recommendations for new products and lending services.
- Collaborates with Marketing to develop marketing strategies, identifies areas of opportunity, and provides input for mortgage related initiatives and marketing materials.
- Works closely with training department to provide guidance for training plans, content, and materials for each training group.
- Monitors and ensures compliance with the S.A.F.E. Act requirements. Works with business partners to ensure updates, registries, and trainings are timely and compliant with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Ensures the confidentiality of daily work and member information.
- Maintains a working knowledge of the Credit Union’s core processing system, including accessing information on the web and intranet.
- Meets annual product knowledge certification, regulation and other training requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or finance highly desired, or equivalent education/experience required.
- Minimum 3 years’ mortgage production experience with focus on sales, sales management, business development, marketing, customer service and compliance.
- Minimum 2 years’ management experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills with an ability to develop employees. Capacity to work well with others and to resolve issues effectively.
- Ability to create an atmosphere that promotes teamwork, collaboration and initiative.
- Ability to analyze work processes and to make recommendations for process improvement.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, staff and vendors. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of regulations relating to mortgage loan origination and secondary market sales.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of underwriting criteria for all mortgage loan types.
- Strong working knowledge of loan documentation and related compliance issues.
- Strong working knowledge of mortgage loan closing to include TRID and CD compliance.
- Extensive knowledge of lending policies and procedures, applicable laws and regulations.
- Ability to cross-sell Credit Union products and services effectively and accurately.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours. Work schedule may vary to provide sufficient service levels.
- Ability to act independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to maintain high standards in areas of security, accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and neatness of documentation, system input, correspondence, system upgrades and system testing.
- Proficient in use of internet and Microsoft Office products, specifically Word and Excel. Ability to adapt to new technology and learn new software applications quickly.
- Projects a professional image consistent with that of the Credit Union at all times when representing the Credit Union.
- Requires National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration. Requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related rules / regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
What is it like to work at Advantis? Watch our video click here
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.