Regulatory Compliance Analyst
Remote in Oregon or Washington
Starting Pay Range: $35.36 – $40.82 per hour
Remote positions are eligible for stipends for wifi, cell phone and home office equipment.
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard; contribute to an outstanding member experience; support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development.
As a Regulatory Compliance Monitoring Analyst, you will assist the VP of Regulatory Compliance in providing regulatory compliance support for OCCU’s overall Compliance Management System (CMS) with moderate guidance. You will maintain awareness of regulatory requirements, risk management issues and best practices affecting OCCU operations in order to provide day-to-day compliance assistance to respective departments. You will participate in compliance-related initiatives pertaining to the overall compliance program.
You will also aid and support OCCU’s understanding of regulatory compliance objectives. To minimize risk to OCCU, you will ensure all industry regulations (state and federal) and credit union policies and procedures are properly and adequately applied to business practices across the enterprise.
Every day you will:
- Assist the VP of Regulatory Compliance in maintaining OCCU’s overall CMS and compliance program.
- Participate in initial due diligence review and validation of the compliance program and monitor ongoing effectiveness of OCCU’s compliance risk management.
- Support departments with flood, Home Mortgage and Disclosure Act (HMDA) and fair lending compliance.
- As needed, assist in performing monthly compliance monitoring to ensure department procedures and processes are in compliance with federal and state regulations. This includes performing research, interviewing applicable personnel, preparing workpapers, recommending corrective action, and assisting in preparing reports to senior management.
- Track remediation efforts from examinations, audits, and compliance monitoring, as assigned.
- Assist with monitoring and reviewing marketing and advertisement pieces/initiatives to ensure they meet federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Assist with compliance training functions including creating, preparing, conducting, reviewing, and tracking training as needed.
- Monitor and track pending or proposed changes to federal and state regulations and effectively communicate to management when assigned.
- Research laws and regulations when special requests or unique circumstances arise.
- Assist with responding to regulatory audit inquiries and examinations, including gathering applicable data, documents and materials.
- Assist business lines with independently verifying regulatory audit/examination findings and remediation plans.
To thrive in this role, you must have:
- Demonstrated a minimum three years financial institution compliance monitoring and/or audit experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulatory compliance pertaining to deposit, lending, commercial, and small business.
- Minimum three years demonstrated experience working in the financial services industry and banking compliance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state regulatory compliance pertaining to deposit, lending, commercial and small business.
- Demonstrated ability to read, analyze and interpret federal/state and prudential regulatory agencies (i.e., CFPB, OCC, FDIC, NCUA, FRB) rules, regulations, interpretive letters and other regulatory communications.
- Demonstrated experience in deposit and lending operations.
- Proven effective research, writing and analytical skills, including the ability to mine large amounts of data.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer