Kitsap Credit Union
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring for a full-time commission only Registered Representative. This position is responsible for developing and growing a book of business and maintaining an ongoing financial planning relationship with members focused on accomplishing the member’s goals.
Please note that this position requires: Series 7 and Series 63 and 65 license or 66 license required.
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: VP of Sales
Employment Type: (full or part time, salaried or hourly?)
Working hours: Monday-Friday
Wage: Commission Only
Job Functions: Investing, Sales
Typical Job Duties
- Generate leads through various methods, such as natural market, referrals, local seminars, workplace partnerships, advertising, networking groups, daily calling efforts, and web-based marketing venues.
- Respond to leads and follow-up in a timely manner to include updating appropriate systems.
- Schedule and hold meetings with both potential and existing clients to identify member’s goals.
- Work with employees and members to develop and implement strategies to accomplish the member’s financial goals.
- Propose a strategy/solution to solve for client/member needs or resource gaps.
- Provide ongoing service of client’s/member’s needs.
- Leverage regular meetings (on the phone and in person) to track the client’s/member’s progress vs. goal and when appropriate reallocate resources or investments in order to keep the client/member on track.
- Engage in on-going professional development to increase industry, product, sales and servicing skills and abilities.
- Maintain all appropriate Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc. (FINRA)/other licenses and requirements up to date.
- Series 7 and Series 63 and 65 license or 66 license required.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, or related field, preferred.
- Previous financial sales experience desired.
What We Offer
Not only are we one of the largest credit unions in Washington State, and growing, we are also a company that cares about its employees. We back that up for our employees by offering competitive pay and a benefits package that helps support you and your family’s lifestyle. We value our employees, and we strive to keep our benefits comprehensive and affordable. Some of our benefits include:
- Free onsite parking
- Annual time off and sick time accrued
- 10 Paid holidays
- 2 Personal days
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Choose from a PPO medical plan or a High Deductible with a Health Savings Account
- 3% KCU funded Safe Harbor Contribution to your 401K
- KCU will match up to 2% of your 401K contributions
- All 401K contributions are 100% vested
- Potential annual incentive in all roles within Kitsap Credit Union
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Discounts on KCU’s products and services
- Paid Care.com membership including back up childcare reimbursement
- Paid RethinkCare subscription, a personal wellness and professional resilience program
We believe in the power of belonging – it’s in our DNA as a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative. Our un-bank-like structure ensures that we remain all about people: our members, our employees, and the people in the communities where we live and work. We work hard to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment where you can grow and excel in your career.
We are dedicated to serving our members by providing personalized experiences, convenient access, and highly competitive products and services. But it goes much deeper than that. For more than 86 years, we have been relentless about making a positive difference in our communities. We understand that when our members and communities succeed, we all succeed, and that success can’t happen without great employees. If this is the kind of organization, you’re looking for.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******