Horizon Credit Union
Region: Boise, ID
Contact: Camille Andersen
Phone: (208) 908-5217
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Strategy & Planning
- In alignment with overall Credit Union Strategic Plan, Goals and objectives, partner with leadership to develop regional strategies which support market area growth.
- Update Credit Union Leadership on organizational progress of goals, opportunities or areas of concern.
- Assist and make recommendations in the preparation of the Credit Union’s annual budget relevant to Region.
Market Area Growth & Business
- Directly and via regional leaders/designees, grow, deepen and leverage community partnerships in region, promoting the Mission and Value-added of the organization with the goal of increasing the market area share of wallet and overall name recognition/brand awareness.
- Known as key regional leader and community representative and/or spokesperson
- In coordination with overall organizational targets, execute regional growth goals. Work with regional leaders to ensure understanding of goals and direction, and that needed resources align to ensure fulfillment of such.
- Recommend, engage and support the administration of community giving / charitable partnerships within the market area (includes time, talent and/or treasure)
- In complement/partnership with existing governmental affairs programs, activities and policies, serve as regional representative. This includes but is not limited to promoting advocacy with employees, partnering with Credit Union Associations as well as engaging legislators on the structure, value and impact credit unions bring to the overall market.
- Serve on external Boards or Committees that align with overall Credit Union business and/or areas of Community Engagement (Health, Hunger, Education).
Leadership & Management
- Provide mentoring and coaching to support and develop Managers. Conduct performance appraisals, reassignments and related personnel functions.
- Oversee Regional Directors/Managers and/or other assigned team members directly. Maintain a well-trained, highly motivated staff to ensure efficient and effective growth and service fulfilment, including the hiring of skilled regional managers and staff.
- Communicate goals and direction with regional leaders/team members to ensure clear understanding of rules, regulations, requirements and expectations.
- Ensure protocols, policies and procedures comply with credit union expectations, as well as federal or state rules and regulations. Work with other department heads to maintain consistency in credit union policies, procedures, brand and culture.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of industry, staying abreast and informed of trends or changes, focusing on the development of self and others
- Be a positive Representative of the Credit Union at conferences, meetings and networking events.
- Assist with projects, assignments or perform such other duties and accountabilities as Senior Management may be assigned.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Drive growth and service experience/cultural expectation within region and consistent within organizational expectation
- Adheres to sound business and financial practices in all organizational transactions
- Attain the goals established by the Leadership and the Board of Directors
- Achievement of the objectives of the Strategic Plan.
- Required reports and documentation are complete, accurate, and timely
- Ensure compliance with organizational, regulatory and legal regulations and expectations.
- Good business relations exist with users, vendors, trade professionals, etc.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related obtained from a recognized University and at least five(5) years’ experience as a Senior Level leader, or similar background experience with the overall consistent functions and responsibilities to lead and grow a region. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Ability to create results by collaborating. leading and working effectively with managers, co-workers, members, and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and high energy
- Technology savvy and skill, including effective use of social media
- Ability to be a creative solution provider, scalable in nature
- Active within the community.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Advanced business, analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence,
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Well organized, attentive to details, creative and self-motivated