Regional Member Consultant – South Region
Verity Credit Union
S.Seattle, WA & Auburn, WA
VERITY CREDIT UNION
Regional Member Consultant I – South Region
FACILITY: South Region Branches: Auburn, WA & South Seattle, WA (Beacon Hill)
REPORTS TO: Branch Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
STARTING BASE SALARY: $15.75 – $17.50 per hour DOE, uncapped incentives, & great benefits!
HOURS: 37.5 hours per week (full-time), rotating Saturday shifts are required
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one. We will always be genuine and authentic, engaging in truthful interactions for the betterment of our communities, the people there, and their wallets.
Traditionally, banking is more about the increase of short-term profits. At Verity, we are looking at the long-term effects of our decisions and how they impact staff, members, and the communities we serve. Verity understands that a strong community is made up of strong individuals, and a thriving community helps its residents thrive. As individuals we are strong, but as a team, we have the ability to be exceptional. Join our team and be a part of the Verity difference.
We Believe. . .
- Trust is earned each day.
- Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
- People come first, before the bottom line.
- Community engagement propels us forward.
- Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
The Member Consultant I enhances our members’ lives by creating trusted relationships. This position will bring our experience standards to life in every interaction by making it easy to do business, resolving issues emotionally and operationally, and valuing our members’ time. The Member Consultant I handles all in-branch transactions and member service requests, opens secondary deposit accounts and non-real estate consumer loans, educates members on alternate ways to transact on their accounts, and cross-sells additional products and services that benefit members. This position will work on the teller line and at platform desks to ensure a seamless member experience. This position provides primary staffing coverage for branches ranging from Beacon Hill to Auburn.
This individual will be agile and service focused, thrive in a dynamic team environment, and possess exceptional ability with interactive communication, attention to detail, and problem solving.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to the Verity Experience Process in every member interaction.
- Listen to the member and understand their goals. Identifying ways to cross sell Verity’s products and services.
- Capture relevant information and input it into our CRM system.
- Value our members’ time by accurately and efficiently processing transactions including wires, payments, and IRA distributions.
- Resolve member issues; emotionally and operationally, while adhering to Verity’s policies and procedures.
- Originate, process, and fund consumer loans including credit cards, lines of credit, and auto loans.
- Originate deposit accounts including checking, savings, money market, and certificates of deposit.
- Collaborate with your team to achieve sales, service and community goals.
- Reliable travel to all Verity branches between Beacon Hill and Auburn.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 year experience in a financial institution
- Minimum of 3 years of customer service experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable access to an insured personal vehicle
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Ability to perform minor mathematical calculations and collect and analyze data
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in priorities
- Ability to organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
Verity Credit Union is committed to reasonably accommodating physical aspects of any position. The following are some requirements normally encountered in this job:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse membership and staff • Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time • Ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment • Ability to visually recognize and verify funds for endorsements and negotiability
- Ability to safely operate a motor vehicle and adhere to all applicable state driving laws
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent