Verity Credit Union
Contact: Lauren Ploskey
Phone: (206) 440-9000
Job Level: Experienced
Job Location: Headquarters – Seattle, WA (Northgate)
Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Education Level: Bachelor Degree preferred
Salary Range: $25.25 – $30.75 hourly
Travel Percentage: Less than 10%
Job Category: Human Resources
We are looking to hire an experienced Recruiting Specialist that will support the Human Resources function at our credit union. Key areas of responsibility include attracting and placing exceptional employees, building a talent pipeline, and ensuring a positive experience for candidates, new employees, and hiring managers. This position measures the success of our recruiting efforts and makes recommendations to continually enhance our process and improve results. Additionally, this role requires the ability to effectively multi-task, plan for and work with multiple deadlines, set and communicate priorities, while ensuring high standards for service are consistently met.
Who We Are. . .
Verity has been a local member-owned credit union offering a full range of financial products and services to our members since 1933. Verity means truth—and this guides our actions. Honesty may not be the easiest approach, but it is the right one.
We take pride in our work. Our mission and vision guide our daily activities, and we need motivated individuals to lead our success. Verity is committed to being a top employer in Washington and we are honored to be a 2018 National 101 Best & Brightest Company based on our employee’s own reviews.
We Believe. . .
– Trust is earned each day.
– Learning is lifelong; it never stops.
– People come first, before the bottom line.
– Community engagement propels us forward.
– Teamwork is the foundation of our success.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
– Develops strong work relationships through the HR function in support of Verity Credit Union’s strategic goals
– Acts as a brand ambassador and advocate for the credit union through interactions with candidates, employees, hiring managers, and vendors
– Maintains and enhances our career page, career sites, and job ads to improve our ability to attract talent
– Posts and closes job requisitions and advertises positions on career sites
– Leads applicant screening process including reviewing applications and conducting phone screens
– Coordinates and participates in the in-person interview process with hiring teams
– Handles the salary offer and negotiation process
– Conducts pre-employment background and reference checks
– Helps coordinate administration of new employees and ensures a seamless transition from recruiting to onboarding
– Proactively works to attract passive candidates and build a pipeline of talent
– Tracks and reports on key recruiting metrics
– Evaluates the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and makes recommendations to continually enhance and streamline the process
– Backs up the HR function and assists with HR related tasks, questions, and projects
– Other duties as assigned
Apply here: https://www.veritycu.com/careers
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Relations, Communications, or relevant field of study desired
- Experience performing Human Resource functions desired
- Experience in financial industry desired
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, benefits, orientations, and training
- Familiarity with employment law
- Use a personal computer and proficient in computer applications—MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Collect and analyze data
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Organize and prioritize to meet work deadlines
- Present a positive and professional image to staff and members
- Work independently and as a team member
Verity is committed to reasonably accommodate the physical aspects of any position. The following is a list of physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with a diverse field of membership and staff
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
Washington is an At-Will Employment State
Your employment is “at will”, meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Verity Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice.
No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the “at will” policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.