Real Estate Support Specialist
Wauna Credit Union
Contact: Ian Wiggins
Does a “People Helping People” philosophy and helping dreams come true appeal to you?
Check out our F/T Real Estate Support Specialist position in our Clatskanie branch!
This position will administratively assist the real estate lending and collections functions. Tasks include, but are not limited to: greeting the members, loan record retention, act as advocate for WCU and Member with Title & Escrow companies and Realtors, disbursing loans, remain up-to-date on regulatory compliance laws as they apply to mortgage lending transactions; administer the perfecting of collateralized documents; escrow processing; assist Collections Department as needed; administer claims for various policies financed; researching and assist with loan issues. This is a non-exempt position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Use AID,Inc/TMA (The Member Advantage) process to serve our members and meet CU sales and service goals.
- Perform within the service level standards set by the Real Estate Department Manager.
- Responsible for Real Estate lending records and record retention at Wauna Federal Credit Union.
- Responsible for the centralized process of perfecting Wauna Credit Union lien on mortgage deeds of trusts.
- Assist in ensuring that Escrow is set up properly.
- Assist and advise members with information pertaining to their loan accounts and back up duties to gather information from member for processing credit requests.
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of loan documents.
- Complete real estate loan documents using applicable software system, and disburse funds approved on in-house, HELOC and secondary market real estate applications.
- Maintain loan files, making certain all supporting documents are in place and file is properly filed.
- Perform account changes as necessary using correct forms and online software.
- Effectively communicate status and expectations to internal members, loan originators, closing agents and notary signers.
- Finalize Direct Deposit, Payroll and Pre-authorized Funds Transfer forms and direct the forms through proper channels.
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports and verify credit documentation and appraisals are not expired.
- Perform audits and perform predatory lending tests on all loan files prepared and approved by Loan Officers.
- Review signed loan documents, TRID, loan approval, investor conditions, and verify lock information and final fee sheet is in compliance with loan originator compensation per company guidelines.
- Contact closing agents, and real estate agents to request conditions as needed to ensure close of escrow and rate lock expiration are met.
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to their position, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of credit union products and services.
- Be familiar with loan products offered by competition and make suggestions to help create a marketing approach for WFCU to promote and provide members a sound lending program.
- Maintain current NMLS registration.
- Review warehouse reports and work loan suspense to ensure timely investor purchase of loans.
- Conduct final balancing of real estate loan and request wire for purchase.
- Participate with Branch Manager and other Loan Officers in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with real estate agencies, title companies and other businesses in the community.
- Participate with Real Estate Department Staff and other WCU employees in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with title companies and other businesses in the community.
- Responsible for reviewing suspense GLs used for loan serving.
- Research loan issues and provide assistance with loan recalculations and system corrections.
- Act as a resource and support for MCs.
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to their position, including, but not limited, to the Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pre-employment drug test and background check required. Equal Opportunity to include Disability & Vets.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.