Real Estate Loan Processor
Wauna Credit Union
- Use TMA (The Member Advantage™) process to meet member needs and reach assigned sales goals by referring WCU products and services.
- Use AID,Inc principles to serve our members and meet CU sales and service goals; identify, recommend and sell products and services that are best suited to fulfill the needs of the member.
- Assist and advise members with information pertaining to their loan accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of loan documents
- Complete real estate loan documents using applicable software system, and disburse funds approved on in-house, HELOC and secondary market real estate applications
- Maintain loan files, making certain all supporting documents are in place and file is properly filed
- Perform account changes as necessary using correct forms and online software
- Effectively communicate status and expectations to internal members, loan originators, closing agents and notary signers
- Disclose to members rates and fees for all accounts and loans, based on Rate and Fee Schedules
- Review loan for compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Prepare Direct Deposit, Payroll and Pre-authorized Funds Transfer forms and direct the forms through proper channels
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports and verify credit documentation and appraisals are not expired
- Perform audits and perform predatory lending tests on all loan files prepared and approved by Loan Officers
- Review signed loan documents, HUD, loan approval, investor conditions, and verify lock information and final fee sheet is in compliance with loan originator compensation per company guidelines
- Contact borrower, closing agents, and real estate agents to request conditions as needed to ensure close of escrow and rate lock expiration are met
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to their position, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of credit union products and services
- Be familiar with loan products offered by competition and make suggestions to help create a marketing approach for WFCU to promote and provide members a sound lending program
- Perform drive-by appraisals for real estate loans
- Maintain current NMLS registration
- Review warehouse reports and work loan suspense to ensure timely investor purchase of loans.
- Conduct final balancing of real estate loan and request wire for purchase
- Participate with Branch Manager and other Loan Officers in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with real estate agencies, title companies and other businesses in the community
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Two years progressive experience in consumer lending; real estate lending preferred.