Real Estate Loan Processor
Wauna Credit Union
Region: St Helens, OR, USA 97051
Contact: Ian Wiggins
Does a “People Helping People” philosophy and helping dreams come true appeal to you?
Check out our F/T Real Estate Loan Processor position in our St Helens branch!
This position will assist members with regard to credit union mortgage loan products and services. Tasks include, but are not limited to: greeting the members; processing consumer and real estate loan documents and disbursing loans; act as advocate for WCU and Member with Title & Escrow companies and Realtors; use extensive knowledge of mortgage loan products, loan documents, loan funding requirements and escrow & title practices, remain up-to-date on regulatory compliance laws as they apply to mortgage lending transactions; cross selling by identifying, describing and recommending loan products and services that are best suited to fulfill the needs of the member; answering account questions; handling complaints; and making changes to accounts as necessary. May assist with lending coverage in all branches and identifying training needs. This is a non-exempt position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and advise members with information pertaining to their loan accounts
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of loan documents
- Complete real estate loan documents using applicable software system, and disburse funds approved on in-house, HELOC and secondary market real estate applications
- Maintain loan files, making certain all supporting documents are in place and file is properly filed
- Perform account changes as necessary using correct forms and online software
- Effectively communicate status and expectations to internal members, loan originators, closing agents and notary signers
- Disclose to members rates and fees for all accounts and loans, based on Rate and Fee Schedules
- Review loan for compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Prepare Direct Deposit, Payroll and Pre-authorized Funds Transfer forms and direct the forms through proper channels
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports and verify credit documentation and appraisals are not expired
- Perform audits and perform predatory lending tests on all loan files prepared and approved by Loan Officers
- Review signed loan documents, HUD, loan approval, investor conditions, and verify lock information and final fee sheet is in compliance with loan originator compensation per company guidelines
- Contact borrower, closing agents, and real estate agents to request conditions as needed to ensure close of escrow and rate lock expiration are met
- Understands compliance issues and attends training as they relate to their position, including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, US Patriot Act, etc.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of credit union products and services
- Be familiar with loan products offered by competition and make suggestions to help create a marketing approach for WFCU to promote and provide members a sound lending program
- Perform drive-by appraisals for real estate loans
- Maintain current NMLS registration
- Review warehouse reports and work loan suspense to ensure timely investor purchase of loans.
- Conduct final balancing of real estate loan and request wire for purchase
- Participate with Branch Manager and other Loan Officers in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with real estate agencies, title companies and other businesses in the community
- Other Duties as Assigned
Pre-employment drug test and background check required. Equal Opportunity to include Disability & Vets.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.