Real Estate Loan Processor
Kitsap Credit Union
Real Estate Loan Processor
Kitsap Credit Union is hiring Real Estate Loan Processor to sit within our Real Estate Lending team out of our Silverdale, WA location. The Loan Processor is responsible for quality customer service by processing first mortgage loans including conventional, FHA, VA, and Jumbo loans as well as administrative support tasks to support the real estate lending process. In addition to this, the Real Estate Loan Processor will evaluate financial information such as salary, assets, debt and credit; provide customer service to borrowers, and confirm detailed information daily.
Typical Job Duties:
- Review loan application for completeness and accuracy. Work with member, Loan Consultant and coordinate with Underwriting to identify and gather any additional documentation required to clear open conditions.
- Perform up front disclosures and redisclosures as required, ensuring compliance with banking regulations.
- Perform customer identification verification to include contacting members directly to verify contract and ID information.
- Utilize Loan Origination System as system of record.
- Assist with department monthly reporting.
Seniority level: Administrative Support
Reports to: VP of Real Estate Lending
Employment Type: fulltime, hybrid, $21.39/hr + DOE
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week
Job Functions: Administrative Support, Real Estate, Loan Processing
This role may be right for you if you enjoy working with a fast-paced Loan team. You pride yourself on being an expert in document review, understanding difficult cases, and navigating complex relationships. Your previous employers praise your ability to hone in on intricate details without losing out on connecting with people, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to pivot at a moments notice. Your friends consider you easy to talk to and fun to be around, and your family is proud of ability to understand complex information and explain it to help others.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Working knowledge of real estate terminology, concepts, practices, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Proficient in reviewing and understanding residential loan documents, including title, Trusts and subordination documentation.
- Two years’ experience with FNMA/FHLMC, Jumbo and Government Loans.
- Must be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) within 30 days of hire and comply with the SAFE Act regulations.
- Associates degree preferred.
- Three years’ experience with credit union systems, loan LOS/ POS systems preferred.
- Three years’ experience with FNMA/FHLMC, Jumbo and Government Loan experience preferred.
Please note that Kitsap Credit Union is a non-profit organization employing more than 100 people, and as such falls under the purview of the recent presidential direction for mandated COVID vaccinations. Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******