Puyallup – Member Representative — $3,000 Sign On
Kitsap Credit Union
Member Representative ***$3,000 HIRING BONUS AVAILABLE***
We’re growing here at Kitsap Credit Union and are offering a $3,000 sign on bonus for multiple hourly non-exempt benefits eligible Member Representative job openings in various locations in beautiful Washington state within South Hill Puyallup. As a Member Associate or Member Specialist, you will help to create customer-centered solutions and recommend opportunities for our members through banking. Our managers and team will train you to build rapport, educate others and engage in meaningful relationships as well as support you in achieving your career goals.
Starting Wage: $18.50-$25.00 per hour depending on experience and qualifications
Grade: 5 / 6
Title: Member Associate / Member Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time, hourly, non-exempt
Seniority level: Individual Contributor
Reports to: Branch Manager
Working hours: Monday – Saturday
Functions: Tellering, Teller, Banker, Banking, Relationship Banker, Universal Banker, Personal Banker, Account Representative, Loan Officer
Our branches are a fertile place for you to grow your career at your own pace! Kitsap Credit Union (KCU) has two positions classified under our Member Representative title for Member Associate and Member Specialist. You may be considered for either role based on your application to this opening. The Member Associate role has three grades which are divided out based on progressive skillsets, and a transparent and clearly defined pathway for automatic promotion with each skillset mastery.
Member Associate Typical Job Duties
- Aid members with deposits, withdrawals, new accounts, and their financial needs
- Suggest products and services to meet members’ lifestyle needs
- Walk members through how to use our self-service platforms
- Forge meaningful relationships with members and innovate quality service experiences
Member Specialist Typical Job Duties
- Assist the teller line with tellering functions
- Guide members applying for loans, and lines of credit
- Recommend and council members on KCU solutions that align with their needs
- Process loan applications for consumer lending products, Home Equity, and Mortgage loans
- Strengthen market position by locating, developing, and closing business relationships
- Enhance member experience and loyalty through relationship building
This role may be right for you if you enjoy connecting with people in a customer service environment and enjoy meeting customer needs with tailored service solutions. You pride yourself on your ability to meet each person as an individual, meet personal sales goals, and contribute to team goals. Your previous employers praise your keen eye for detail, and your previous co-workers talk about your ability to see opportunities and act on them. Your friends consider you welcoming, and your family is proud of your ability to coach others in their financial aspirations.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Cash handling, customer service and/or retail sales experience
- One plus years’ financial institution experience – teller and new accounts
- One plus years of consumer lending (Personal, Auto and Credit Cards) experience
- Ability to obtain NMLS within 30 days
Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
****** Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status. ******