Program Manager, Cards
Region: Bellingham, WA
Contact: Noah Nelson
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (360) 756-7693
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
– Managing all aspects of WECU’s card program and ensures it is compliant with all applicable regulations; meets member service standard and is competitive, profitable, and fiscally sound.
– Developing and implementing a highly attractive cards program that is top of wallet for members, evidenced through card usage and portfolio growth.
– Researching, evaluating, and recommending current and emerging card products. Ensures WECU is positioned at the forefront of the cards industry.
– Overseeing product design and promotions to increase market penetration, transaction volumes, and profitability. Performs regular market analysis at local, regional, and national levels.
– Staying abreast of regulatory environment. Configures programs in preparation for regulatory changes.
– Leading complex technical projects that involve multiple departments and third-party vendors.
– Sustaining motivated employees and ensures development of employee competencies. Ensures direct report is effectively managing staff and the department.
– Developing strategic business plan for consumer card program annually.
– Overseeing the development and maintenance of enterprise-level reports and reporting tools.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND EDUCATION:
– Bachelor’s degree; seven years of payments, cards, or consumer lending management experience may be substituted.
– Five or more years of cards management experience preferred.
NOTE: The foregoing may not be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skill, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. Because this position requires responsiveness to changing market conditions and rapidly developing technology, other skills and abilities may also be, or become, required of employees in this position.
WECU is a not for profit financial cooperative where members are encouraged to save and borrow responsibly at fair and competitive rates. Headquartered in Bellingham, WA, WECU has 11 branches, over 126,000 members, and over 1.6 billion dollars in assets.
It is WECU’s mission to make a meaningful difference in the lives of our members. We strive to treat both members and staff with honesty and integrity and to be a socially responsible part of our community. WECU also endeavors to be an employer of choice. WECU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.