Advantis Credit Union
If you want to work for a values-driven organization that believes that a great member experience starts with a great employee experience, you’ll love working at Advantis. Our vision – to be the best financial institution our members can choose and the best place our employees have ever worked. That means you get a different kind of career experience. The Advantis experience includes opportunities for personal growth, meaningful work, and proud recognition of accomplishments.
We invest in your potential – With a generous tuition assistance program, individual career development plans, and an internal professional development program, we’ll partner with you to help you achieve your full potential. Advantis employment can open a door to future opportunities. With Us You Can is more than our tagline – it’s our commitment to be passionate advocates for our members and our employees. We work with passion and purpose, and empower our employees to do the right thing.
We have an excellent opportunity at our Milwaukie location. As the Product Manager you will lead product development efforts at the credit union, including the creation of new products and the optimization of existing products, to ensure members needs are fulfilled, remain competitive, and support the strategic business plan. Your responsibilities include product research and opportunity assessment, features design, and coordinating the successful launch of new products. In this role, you will also be responsible for product lifecycle management of key deposit and loan products, recommending and implementing improvements to help achieve portfolio and business growth goals. Additionally, the Product Manager will also develop, maintain and execute the product development roadmap and process in partnership with the senior leadership.
- Leads product strategy for the credit union, including making enhancements to current deposit and loan products and developing new products that are member-centric and support growth goals.
- Builds and maintains role as thought leader on new product development for the credit union; regularly engages with business line owners and member experience leaders, sharing and discussing new trends in relevant products; challenges the status quo of the credit union’s current deposit and loan product mix.
- Leads the features design process for new deposit and loan products, as well as changes to existing products, based on member needs, internal and external (market) research, and collaboration with business line and product owners as well as member experience leaders.
- Presents product recommendations for approval including product justification (business case), product requirements, features, pricing, and financial forecasting analysis.
- Develops, maintains, and executes the credit union’s Product Development Roadmap in collaboration and partnership with the executive team and business line owners; ensures the roadmap supports the credit union’s strategic business plan, organizational KPIs and product line owners’ plans and growth goals.
- Drives and coordinates new product launch in collaboration with product development team, marketing, compliance, training, operations, and other pertinent departments. Reviews and provides input on marketing plans, training content, and related product policies and procedures before go live.
- Responsible for product lifecycle management of all key products and services, and in particular, those prioritized as having the greatest impact on the Advantis Business Plan and KPIs. This includes recommendations for product changes, enhancements, terminations/retirements, and consolidations.
- Establishes dashboard KPIs of monthly product success metrics in conjunction with finance, business analysts, and product line owners; reports trends, important insights, potential issues, and unrealized opportunities to leadership on a regular basis; recommends adjustments to the established Product Development Roadmap based on findings.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years career experience in product management and development is required.
- Professional certification in Product Management/Product Development is preferred.
- Knowledge of financial industry services and products preferred.
- Demonstrated portfolio of previous product introductions is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in partnership management with the ability to influence, negotiate and work closely with all levels of individuals across the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines for work completion.
- Extensive knowledge of new product development processes and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze assigned product line and industry trends to optimize products to drive performance, penetration, and growth.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction.
We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity. We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.