Principal Infrastructure Engineer
Initial Pay Range: $39.06 – $48.25 per hour
OCCU is looking for an experienced Principal Infrastructure Engineer to join our growing and high performing team! All Technology Team members are responsible for enhancing the capabilities and efficiencies of OCCU’s applications and systems portfolio. In addition, team members are expected to possess and foster a culture of ownership from problem or opportunity identification to resolution or implementation. Team members are also expected to respond to production incidents, fulfill service requests and provide level-two support to employees with technology issues that could not be resolved by the Helpdesk. Team members may be required to provide evening and weekend on-call support.
The Principal Infrastructure Engineer provides primary support, administration and reporting for the credit union’s delivery systems, which includes planning, implementing, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting network and systems hardware and software. This position performs network, system and database administration tasks including maintenance and routine upgrades, to maintain efficient operations and to minimize downtime.
Location: Eugene, OR
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
- Configure, manage, monitor and optimize Citrix XenApp infrastructure and applications.
- Configure, manage, monitor and optimize Cohesity backup environment.
- Configure, manage, monitor and optimize Windows and Microsoft Platforms including Exchange, IIS, Office 365 cloud platform, Windows clustering and HA solutions, SQL Server and PKI.
- Manage and monitor OCCU’s multi-domain, multi-layer LAN, Wi-Fi and WAN infrastructure.
- Implement network enhancements and make recommendations for improvement.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation showing data flows and integration points.
- Provide primary support for infrastructure related issues.
Functional Team Responsibilities
- Provide technical subject matter expertise on business-critical systems.
- Contribute to the development of the credit union’s technology strategy.
- Provide support for technical issues.
- Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Build and maintain standards for supporting infrastructure and applications in the production environment and ensure that all changes to the production environment adhere to those standards.
- Execute routine processes necessary for the day-to-day operation of systems. This includes, but is not limited to: deploying approved system and application changes; monitoring networks, systems and applications for issues; managing software and certificate licenses; managing usage and capacity; gathering and reporting out performance metrics on networks, appliances, servers and applications and using those metrics to recommend improvements; identifying opportunities to improve monitoring, add automation, increase performance and enhance security of production systems; driving patch releases to systems; and resolving production incidents.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining Microsoft Windows and Cisco networking infrastructure, including Windows servers and workstations, Active Directory/LDAP, DNS/DHCP, MS SQL, Exchange, SharePoint, Telecom / SIP, routers / switches, Cisco UCS, SAN storage, Citrix XenApp, firewalls, security, and VMware vSphere in the datacenter.
- Maintain the system inventory and configuration management database, system operation logs and support plans for production systems.
- Support project and business platform work requests.
- Respond to production incidents.
- Deliver Service Requests defined in the Service Catalog.
- Research business needs and track vendor roadmaps.
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with credit union and regulatory standards.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Five or more years of experience in working with computer systems in a technical capacity
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft systems and application technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with Citrix XenAppXenDesktop or other VDI Technologies
- Strong knowledge and experience with backup and recovery environments
- Experience deploying systems, software, and configuration changes and implementing rollback plans
- Strong troubleshooting and analysis experience and skills
- Experience with configuring systems and applications to develop new solutions
- Experience administrating VOIP systems
- Experience configuring, managing and maintaining VMWare ESXi
- Knowledge of SAN technologies and products from NetApp, EMC, etc
- Experience working in an ITIL environment including strong change control and configuration management practices
- Familiarity with scripting languages and automation tools
- Experience evaluating vendors and systems against a set of requirements
- Experience with performance tuning
- Experience designing solutions with high availability and real time monitoring
- Experience with system and application monitoring technologies and platforms
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent experience
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer