Plastic Card Officer
Ibew & United Workers FCU
Contact: Christine Buckley
Phone: (503) 262-5317
1. Maintain the day-to-day operation of the plastic card programs.
2. Trains sales skills and promotes a member needs-based sales environment.
3. Set, track and monitor department goals and success of sales techniques
4. Handle member complaints and solve pending problems
5. Daily follow-up with fraud and work with Senior Member Solutions Officer
6. Evaluate our fraud response efforts and update when needed
7. Participate in the Asset/Liability Committee to report on the Debit and Credit card programs and review prepared Monthly department reports
8. Maintain and assure compliance with all local, state and federal regulations
9. Prepare, implement, and report on the budget for the plastic card department
10. Review, evaluate credit, debit and ATM card applications based on Credit Union policies and make decisions to approve or deny applications
11. Review credit limit increases, name changes and procedures as they relate to credit maintenance
12. Maintain an appropriate level of fraud prevention measures including setting holds, blocking appropriate retailers and/regions of the country
13. Guarantee security procedures are met
14. Keeps current on all changes and new opportunities available in the credit/debit card market
15. Continuously maintains a superior level of knowledge and procedural expertise in all Credit Union functions.
16. Maintains a thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and services and suggests changes or updates when needed
17. Constant interaction with employees and members both verbally and in writing.
18. Must provide a positive, professional role model of member service through personal example.
19. In coordination with management, holds regular staff, regulatory and sales meetings.
20. Maintains and updates policy and procedures pertaining to plastic cards
21. Participate in member events to represent the Credit Union
22. Any other job functions as may become necessary or as assigned by the President/CEO or Vice Presidents
23. Develop and implement VISA promotions and track results
24. Work closely with vendors
Note: The above essential functions are not all-inclusive and may be amended as necessary from time to time.
Minimum of an Associates College Degree and 5 years in Financial Institution
- Sales training and the practicing of sales skills
- Effective public speaking skills
- Concise and effective communication skills in both written and verbal methods
- The ability to efficiently operate a computer and the elements of MS Office and various other programs
- The willingness to continue formal education and to constantly update skills and knowledge levels through classes, seminars and self-study
- General knowledge of all credit union operations including functions in all departments