Payments Services Assistant Manager
Rogue Credit Union
Medford, OR 97504
Department: Operations and Payments Services
Reports To: Operations and Payments Solutions Manager
Grade: 10 Classification: Exempt
Supervises Direct: 8 Supervises Indirect: 0
South Medford Plaza, Medford, OR, US
Salary Range: $53,341.68 To 66,677.10 Annually
To create a passion for the credit union’s Vision, Mission and Values and guide the assigned team to disciplined execution of the departmental and organizational objectives. To inspire loyalty and facilitate exceptional member service by supporting the payments and balancing/reconciliation teams and providing reliable payment channels for members. Develops and coaches team members to increase member loyalty, expand member relationships and increase efficiencies. Performs all management functions as assigned for the payments and balancing/ reconciliation teams of the Operations and Payments Services Department.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
35% Assists in supervising the Operations and Payments Services Department areas including but not limited to: payment processing, balancing and reconciliation and cards. Provides guidance in a manner that ensures team members consistently deliver quality service, a culture of teamwork is fostered and compliance and regulatory considerations are met. Hires, trains, coaches and motivates a highly qualified staff sufficient to meet the daily operational needs of the areas assigned. Establishes and maintains objective accountability measurements and evaluates performance on all direct reports. Creates and maintains a coaching culture that consistently strives for the highest level of employee performance and achievement relative to building Member Loyalty. Works with the Operations and Payments Support Manager to recommend promotions, transfers, disciplinary action and/or changes in the status of an employee in the best interest of both the credit union and the employee.
30% Thoroughly understands all aspects of the Payments and Balancing/Reconciliation duties including but not to limited to; Automated Clearing House (ACH), check processes, card payment systems and administration. Prevents and mitigates fraud and losses, balanced with member experience priorities. Limits service disruptions and continually evaluates opportunities to prevent future interruptions. Maintains a strong working knowledge and understanding of key system operations and rules according to but not limited to: National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), Electronic Check Clearing House Organization (ECCHO), Regulation E, Visa, and all applicable other rules, regulations and credit union policies and guidelines surrounding payment processing to ensure processing limits, liabilities, and timelines are adhered to. Conducts training, provides timely and accurate responses to internal team members, maintains departmental procedures, and collaborates with employees and internal departments on payments-related procedures creating processes that foster exceptional member experiences.
15% Works with the Operations and Payments Support Manager to successfully complete all department projects and initiatives. Assists the management team with researching and developing new programs, products, services and managing key vendors. Facilitates department audits, ensuring proper understanding of identified issues. Reviews findings, updates reporting as necessary, and addresses findings as warranted to correct any deficiencies or enhance functioning.
5% Reviews daily and recurring reports, maintains files including but not limited to department metrics. Verifies thoroughness and accuracy of all department forms, duties and processes. Proactively alerts management to any possible discrepancies noted as well as trends or concerns observed.
5% Proactively performs other duties as needed or assigned.
1. Supports and practices Rogue’s Vision, Mission, Values and Loyalty Culture. Utilizes the Service Promises with both internal and external members. Embraces Rogue’s community involvement program in a positive and proactive manner in order to provide unsurpassed internal and external service.
2. Meets or exceeds assigned goals in order to achieve individual, department and credit union goals. Stays informed of current trends within the credit union movement and financial services industry.
3. Adheres to and maintains all credit union promotional, regulatory and policy compliance requirements including compliance with any Federal and State laws.
4. Demonstrates empathy, self-reflection, and adjustment of own behaviors, displaying effective emotional intelligence.
5. Demonstrates the ability to train, motivate, and supervise employees successfully while maintaining an effective schedule of workflow for the department.
6. Demonstrates leadership through modeling of behaviors and bringing forward new ideas and new ways of doing things.
7. Demonstrates determination, persisting in the application of knowledge, skills, and behaviors to achieve goals and address obstacles for the Delivery Support Services Specialist team and all member delivery teams.
8. Applies creative problem-solving to provide clarity, handle resources under one’s control, and address stressful situations; finds ways to meet or exceed individual, team, and member goals, by navigating through barriers. Meets or exceeds all goals accurately within the prescribed time frame.
9. Organizes projects prioritizing the workflow while accurately and efficiently managing multiple priorities.
10. Communicates with genuineness, clarity, and transparency regularly keeps supervisor informed regarding key operating issues affecting the department or member service. Demonstrates integrity with the ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
11. Exercises discretion and uses independent judgment with respect to matters of significance such as member accounts, staff workflow, in addition to policies and procedures related to Operations and Payments Services. Formulates recommendations for the Operations and Payments Support Manager based on patterns and analysis of department trends.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A high school education or GED.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
Other Skills: Strong supervisory and personnel development skills. Good judgment and ability to hire a strong team capable of building trust and credibility with new and existing members. Excellent communication and training skills. Resourceful with strong conflict and problem resolution skills. Critical thinking skills with the ability to make recommendations. Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills. Strong computer and software skills. A valid driver’s license is required.
Physical Requirements: Some adjusting or moving objects up to 30 pounds in all directions. Must be able to remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods. Repeating motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers while using computer. Communicating with others to exchange information. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and make fine discernments in sound. Close and continuous visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer terminal and extensive reading.
Work Environment: This job is an exempt position that requires flexibility in scheduling tasks and projects. The employee must independently monitor hours and judge the time needed to be spent on applicable duties. Employee must be capable of proactively adjusting to unpredictable schedules. As a direct representative of Rogue, the employee must conduct and present themselves courteously and professionally.