Kitsap Credit Union
Please note that Kitsap Credit Union is a non-profit organization employing more than 100 people, and as such falls under the purview of the recent presidential direction for mandated COVID vaccinations. Kitsap Credit Union requires new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. The CDC defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. Kitsap Credit Union will require proof of vaccination and consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause Kitsap Credit Union undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
This position is responsible for the support of the front office and internal departments through the planning, directing, and resource allocation of time-sensitive and highly regulated Support Services activities for one or more service lines such as Visa card management; ATM Network; card orders and services; Automated Clearing House (ACH) functions; item processing; levies and garnishments; cash ordering; deposit balancing; wire funds transfers; and/or account research.
Typical Job Duties:
- Manage the ACH team, and wire services while maintaining compliance with National Clearing House Association (NCHA) rules and regulations.
- Functions as Subject Matter Expert and provides professional advice to managers and VPs on payments risk, rules/regulatory compliance, and industry best practices
- Leads Support Services support for organization-wide and departmental projects, including assuring appropriate controls/risk mitigation, regulatory compliance, departmental impact assessment, development of procedures and staff training
- Manage relationships with credit union members, internal partners and vendors providing customer service while holding accountable to commitments, timelines, and deliverables
- Assist in creating, testing, and implementing disaster recovery and business continuity plans for all assigned areas of the department.
This role may be right for you if you are a professional who enjoys being a subject matter expert and anticipating future hurdles. You pride yourself on your ability to grasp analytics and make projections about future state of business. You are always thinking about ways to mitigate risk and are proactive about creating solutions that anticipate upcoming relational and regulatory needs. Your previous subordinates describe you as a driven and diligent natural leader who always keeps their eye on the prize. Your family and friends consider you a great coach, even in difficult situations, and rely on your ability to make difficult decisions with limited information quickly.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience, required.
- Five or more years of related experience, with expert knowledge of payment operations, systems, rules, regulations, and industry best practices, required.
- Accredited ACH Professional (AAP) or similar payments certification is required or must be obtained within 1st year in role.
- Previous supervisory experience required
- Proven strong problem solving, analytical and technical skills
Seniority Level: Manager
Reports to: VP Support Operations
Employment Type: Full-time, salaried
Industry: Banking, Non-profit
*****Employment is contingent upon satisfactory credit, background, and reference checks. Kitsap Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants for employment will receive consideration without regard to sex, marital status, race, color, religion, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected status.*****