Payment Systems Representative III
Oregon State Credit Union
Region: Corvallis, OR, USA 97333
Contact: Brie Caffey
Help us fight fraud! We are all about integrity at Oregon State Credit Union but we know that’s not true of everyone. That’s why we focus on detecting and preventing fraud from affecting our members. If you’ve got the social skills to navigate our members through that challenging situation and the critical thinking skills to figure out why the numbers just don’t look right, join us!
As a Payment System Service Representative III (Fraud Investigations) in our Corvallis Operations Center, you’ll be the watchdog that detects and follows up on payment based fraudulent activity in collaboration with members, all levels of credit union staff and when appropriate, law enforcement. You’ll interview members to determine the difference between fraud and other purchase disputes, maintain records of investigations, and make recommendations to deter fraud loss, such as changes to procedures and processes. You’ll assist in training coworkers on spotting and preventing fraud and be back up to your Quality Assurance co-worker. It’s a position that demands strong computer and communication skills, tact, analytical thinking and the tenacity and math skill to research suspicious balances.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That’s what makes us different from banks and how we’re able to create financial solutions that make lives better. The service you’ll provide by ensuring we spot and stop fraud is essential to our success and directly impacts the financial lives of our members.
What you will need to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1-3 years financial industry experience
- 1 year of accounting experience or course work
- Experience with handing fraud or collections, preferred
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong time management skills
- Experience with accounting systems, electronic spreadsheets and word processing
- Proficient at 10 key calculator (100 spm) and typing (40 wpm)
- Excellent communication skills (We recommend you include a cover letter with your resume.)
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- A positive atmosphere
- Initial and on-going training; promotion opportunities
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage also available
- 401k Retirement savings plan with an amazingly generous employer match!
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
Location: 4800 SW Research Way, Corvallis
Work type: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: $20/hr + bonus
Equal opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
The above information is intended to provide the general nature of work performed in this position and outline primary qualifications. See the complete job description.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
|Min Education:||High School/GED|