Payment Systems Representative / Accounting Specialist
Oregon State Credit Union
Contact: Human Resources
Do you pride yourself on getting the numbers right? Then join a team that rewards that quality, in a stable industry with career potential. At Oregon State Credit Union, we pride ourselves our outstanding service and accuracy. It’s one of the many ways we create financial solutions that makes lives better. Join us!
As a Payment System Service Representative II in our Corvallis Operations Center, you’re the “magic behind the curtain” that ensures our members’ financial transactions happen accurately and on time. You will process ACH items, reconcile postings and resolve out of balance situations, balance ATM deposits and process adjustments to members’ accounts, even open and sort the mail following FBI, CDC and US Postal Service Guidelines. You’ll champion accuracy as you use FEDLINE to process various transactions like incoming and outgoing wires, savings bond orders, and cash orders. And you’ll have important responsibilities, like balancing the Federal Reserve Bank Account to General Ledger every day. It’s a position that demands accuracy, the tenacity to research errors/out of balance issues, and the organizational skills necessary to meet deadlines.
Since it began in 1954, Oregon State Credit Union has been a member-owned, not-for-profit financial services institution. We exist for the benefit of our member-owners, and not to profit from them. That’s what makes us different from banks and how we’re able to create financial solutions that make lives better. The service you’ll provide by ensuring accurate, timely transactions is at the heart of our reputation and essential to our success.
Schedule: Mon-Fri between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm.
Note: Interviews will be via phone or Zoom. Training and work will be on-site utilizing COVID protection guidelines.
What you will need to be successful:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Cash handling experience
- Attention to detail, accuracy and strong time management skills
- Experience with accounting systems, electronic spreadsheets and word processing
- Proficient at 10 key calculator (100 spm) and typing (40 wpm).
- One year accounting course work or work experience preferred
Ways we’ll appreciate you:
- A positive atmosphere
- Initial and on-going training; promotion opportunities
- Competitive wages, incentive bonuses, paid holidays and paid PTO time
- 100% credit-union-paid employee medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance; dependent coverage also available
- 401k Retirement savings plan with an amazingly generous employer match!
- Tax-saving Flexible Spending Plans
- Premier membership perks, loan discounts, company clothing, wellness and recognition programs
Apply on-line right now!
Work Location: 4800 SW Research Way, Corvallis
Work type: Full-time, non-exempt
Compensation: Generally starts at $19/hr + bonus
Equal opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities
The information above provides the general nature of work performed in this position and outlines primary qualifications. See the job description for complete details. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the legal right to work in the US and pass a background screening to the satisfaction of Oregon State Credit Union.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.