Payment Services Specialist – ACH
America's Credit Union
Contact: Ana Roy
Email: [email protected]
The ACH Specialist is a crucial role for the credit union and is responsible for timely and accurate completion of daily tasks associated with ACH processing. These tasks include performing, monitoring, and ensuring all ODFI and RDFI ACH transactions are maintained and processed within the guidelines set forth by NACHA, Federal Reserve, and REG E. The position is responsible for assuring quality member service through responsive and positive interaction with members. This position will assist members in resolving problems by exercising good judgment and offering sound product/service solutions. Closely observes performance and accuracy standards and incorporates ACU Operating Procedures and Code of Conduct Policies in all aspects of the job. This position will additionally perform Card related duties as needed and will be responsible for providing professional service to vendors, internal and external members. This position reports directly to the Payment Services Supervisor.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Responsible for ACU’s ACH Network Payment System and acts as ACU’s ACH operator
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all Federal Reserve, NACHA, and REG E rules pertaining to regulations on the Electronic Transfer processes
- Coordinates and monitors all operational functions concerning ACH RDFI and ODFI transaction flow, clearing process and ensures security controls are maintained
- ACH Receiving: Performs all functions related to receipt of ACH transactions, included but not limited to processing notification of changes and returns.
- ACH Origination: Performs functions related to ACH Origination files from various systems, including but not limited to receiving daily files, processing notifications of changes and returns.
- Direct Deposit Return and Adjustment: Processes and investigates Regulation E claims related to ACH transactions. Processes all returns related to government benefits, reclamations, and Death Notice Entries.
- Assists employees and members with ACH questions and research.
- Assists branch personnel and members with proper unauthorized or stopped ACH transactions.
- Process International ACH Transactions (IAT) and ensures OFAC checks are completed.
- Assists Business Services with business client set up with Cash Management Services such as ACH Origination and troubleshooting client file issues.
- Prepares required documents for annual internal and external audit exams.
- Ensures that all ACH files and processes are conducted within the specified time frames set by the Federal Reserve.
- Responsible for assisting with the ACH reconciliation
- Processes and support payment services related tasks, reports and service requests.
- Responds to operational policy and procedure questions/changes and resolves complex account problems
- Performs duties in compliance with regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of three years of experience in a financial institution and/or relevant experience in a related field
- Preferred: ACH/AAP certification
ACU is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Disability/Veteran employer.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do not contact us with unsolicited services or offers.