Member Support Representative — Call Center
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. As part of the centralized Retail Call Center team, the part-time Member Support Representative will learn about financial products and services while handling service and resolution to basic member inquiries to ensure our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents. This position will be located in our downtown Portland headquarters with the potential to work remotely after six months of satisfactory performance.
- Work with members by phone to leverage excellent active listening, effective consultation, and problem solving skills in responding to inquiries on basic financial account transactions
- Continuously develop knowledge of credit union products and services and the internal computer systems used to manage member accounts
- Collaborate with other staff in branches or departments to research and resolve questions or concerns
- Using a member focus, recommend products and services and make referrals to broaden the member relationship with Unitus.
- Participate in Saturday shift rotations
- This position is an entry-level role into the credit union with eligibility for progression to the next level in the job family after six months of continuous and successful work experience in this role.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- A minimum of one year of similar or related experience that includes interacting with customers in-person or by telephone.
- Must have experience with computers handling data entry, data inquiries, and working with email communications.
- Associates degree or equivalent in work experience.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize activities and follow a problem through to resolution
- Must be able to learn information quickly and maintain composure under pressure
- Spanish-speaking skills are preferred
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing! Unitus offers great benefits including Health Care Benefits, 401k retirement plan, paid time off, holidays and disability insurance, performance incentive, tuition reimbursement, student loan debt repayment, company-paid transit and paid volunteer time. For more information about these benefits, please see our website.
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will be given full consideration for employment regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.