Outside Sales Mortgage Relationship Officer
Unitus Community Credit Union
Region: Portland metro
Contact: Rachel Browning
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (503) 423-8320
- Originate mortgage loan applications with an informed and proactive approach to understand applicant needs, provide professional guidance on financing options and help members through the application and origination process to ensure a smooth loan experience for the applicants. Provide guidance to applicants on other Unitus products and services that might benefit the applicant. Counsels applicants regarding credit decisions, including loan denials. Assists to identify, recommend or negotiate alternative loan requirements, funding and/or loan structuring solutions for difficult or denied loan files. Maintain appropriate confidentiality of all member information.
- Utilize the Credit Union’s sales tracking program to track and proactively manage applicants in the existing book of business as well as leads, contacts, and applications with strong pull through (Look to book) conversion rates. Identify and follow through on opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for self-generation of lead flow and mortgage origination activities consistent with service experience expectations and production goals. Generates new mortgage loan volume by leveraging existing and creating new external referral channels, making outbound calls, and email campaigns, data mining, and promoting within the community. Accountable for execution of mortgage sales and marketing initiatives and effective service delivery and pipeline management practices. Maintain strong service ratings (Net Promoter Scores).
- Ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics and complying with all Federal and State compliance policies. Supports a positive environment of productive teamwork and collaboration.
- Participates in business related development opportunities, and community efforts to promote the Unitus brand and a legacy as a home financing provider of choice. Facilitate regular education sessions for referral partners regarding home financing solutions.
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- B.A. degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of current residential real estate lending sales experience. Recent experience with conventional, government and community-based programs required (e.g. FHA, USDA, and VA).
- Strong knowledge of current real estate and consumer lending laws and regulations.
- Recent experience with mortgage loan origination and automated underwriting systems.
- Must have a current National Mortgage Licensure System (NMLS) and be SAFE ACT compliant.
- Excellent sales skills and the ability to develop a quick rapport with prospective partners and applicants.
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening, written composition, problem solving, and tact in dealing with a variety of internal and external partners and colleagues.
- Strong ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and perform accurate proofreading and timely follow through.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel, with the ability to learn and adapt to specialized loan software.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct basic and complex loan document needs assessments, identify problems, and exercise sound judgment.
- Proven ability to learn information quickly and maintain composure under pressure in a complex, high production environment.
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.