Operations Utility Representative
Gesa Credit Union
Take a leap and join our team!
At Gesa, we believe in the power of our people. Coming from all walks of life, our team members’ individual stories and unique experiences are our most valuable asset. But it’s how we come together, igniting our collective compassion and commitment to empowering our communities, that makes us succeed. Because we know we go further when we go together.
Here you can join a team who is passionate about serving others, has a desire to do good, and shares a deep love of people. You can engage in meaningful work that impacts your community. You can challenge yourself and grow in your career. And, you can rest assured that your wellbeing and prosperity are our priority.
Get to know us: About – Gesa Credit Union
The Operations Utility Representative will report directly to the AVP Fraud and Operations Management in accordance with established policies and procedures. The position is designed to be highly flexible and float between the larger Operations Department, providing help where it is needed. The position may work on numerous tasks each day and with little direct supervision. The position will perform all other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Respond to member and inter-department inquiries via all forms of member contact (branch, phone, internet applications and correspondence) within the established service level agreements
- Process and validate member wire transfers.
- Prepare and balance daily general ledger (GL) transactions
- Review, archive and maintain documents according to the records retention management policy
- Process returned deposit items and letters
- Perform account administration including but not limited to new accounts, address changes, social security changes, levies, garnishments, subpoenas, 3rd party information request, and closed accounts
- Scan and image incoming documents by work flowing items to correct queues
- Process incoming and outgoing exception and research requests
- Process Pay-by-Phone processing and exceptions
- Process ACH exceptions and pre-authorized payment set-up for consumer transactions
- Assist in the administration of specialty account tasks
- Research and download reporting data to perform tasks and audit
- Process the daily incoming and transit cash letter files from FRB, branch and other remote sources daily, ensuring high balancing accuracy and timeliness.
- Administer Courtesy Pay Program including managing letter creation, reviewing aging reports/queues for offset funds, debit card revocation/reinstatement, charge off process in the Core system and subsequent reports. Assign charged off accounts to collection agency, enter negative data in Chexsystems and subsequent updates. Review accounts with high negative balances. Assist branches and members in day to day troubleshooting and questions.
- Process W8BEN, DOR e-withholding, IRS Backup Withholding, SSI and Medicaid notifications
- Research and resolve Fed check adjustments
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to provide excellent member centric service.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, reporting, and standard office equipment.
- Ability to identify needed process improvements, be innovative and communicate ideas and solutions to leadership.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task without compromising work quality.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple demands effectively to meet or exceed Service Level Agreements
- Ability to work solely or collaboratively while building positive working relationships.
- Able to work a flexible schedule according to business needs.
What You Will Need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- One to three years similar or related experience, preferably in a credit union environment
- Some travel may be necessary to fulfill duties, career development, and training
- Proficient with standard office equipment, MS software programs; familiarity with data processing and standard reporting programs
- Ensure sensitive data is protected with the highest standard of security and confidentiality
- Must understand and perform Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) functions as applicable to job responsibilities
- Attend credit union training sessions, conferences, or seminars as approved by supervisor. Maintain awareness of policies and regulations related to duties and responsibilities.
- Maintain general knowledge of other organizations within the credit union. Have a general knowledge of all service products offered by the credit union to accurately answer questions from members and staff.
- Display mutual respect, trust and dignity, acting in the best interest of the credit union, always lead by example by displaying solid ethics and integrity. Control risk and manage operations in a safe and sound manner.
Our Team Member Value Proposition:
In exchange for bringing your talent to Gesa, here are a just a few of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – Plus 10 Paid Holidays!
- 401(k) Match
- Incentive Program
- Tuition Assistance and Student Loan Repayment
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time Off to Volunteer in the Community
- Product discounts
- Engaging Work Environment
- Rewards and Recognition Programs
Get wise to what’s possible with a career at Gesa. Join us!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact the HR Department at (509) 378-3100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
Gesa Credit Union reserves the right to revise or change the job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Selected candidate(s) must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen which includes screening for all drugs considered illegal or controlled by the State of Washington, as well as, a credit/background check and a skills assessment.
Gesa Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strong advocate of workforce diversity. Race/Color/Gender/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Veteran.