Operations Support Specialist
Qualstar Credit Union
Qualstar Credit Union is looking to fill our Operations Support Specialist position. In this position you will provide support to the credit union’s Operations Department programs, also assist in performing miscellaneous operational duties.
If you have strong organizational/administrative skills this could be your new job! If you have strong organizational/administrative skills this could be your new job! No banking experience? No problem! We have on-the-job training to teach you the specifics — passion and people skills are what we are looking for . . . You will learn the procedures and details as you go.
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Comprehensive job training provided
- Competitive monthly salary
- Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discount on loan rates
- Long-Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 401K AND Pension Plans!
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide superior service to members and support the credit union’s operations.
- Daily receive, sort, distribute and/or process all incoming mail from our PO Box and physical location.
- Process mailed-in and online union applications and provide support to staff and members regarding union accounts/membership.
- Manage daily letter generation by printing and mailing letters with the appropriate insert(s).
- Regularly complete processing of returned mail and USPS card notifications to ensure accounts are properly coded and updated.
- Consistently provide member service in line with organizational standards.
- Accurately handle member inquiries, transactions, and requested account maintenance. This includes, but is not limited to; account opening, adding account services, updating account ownership, and posting check deposits and payments.
- Effectively work with all departments to meet the service needs of our members via our ACD and department inboxes/fax.
- Scan and tag documentation in a timely manner while adhering to proper retention periods.
- Management of outgoing mail processes, including postage supply ordering, adding funds to our machine and online account, and preparing all outgoing mail for the corporate office.
- Assist with reviewing documents, updating accounts, and corresponding with members regarding specialty account management, including court-ordered blocked accounts, trusts, POAs, representative payee, and deceased IRA withdrawals.
- Manage deceased account notifications by working with the appropriate party to determine and obtain the required documents, completing the maintenance, and notifying the appropriate departments as necessary.
- Fulfill documentation request processing and research-related tasks, including statement/check copies, VODs, subpoenas, asset verification programs, and search warrants within the expected timeframe.
- Complete the Check 21 steps to gather, balance, and convert check files for submission to the Fed on a daily basis.
- Contribute to updating and documenting department processes.
- Support the daily operations of the credit union.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to use computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must be able to view computer monitor.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- High school education (or equivalent) and two years of financial institution experience required.
- Typing speed of at least 30 wpm.
- Familiarity with computers (i.e., Internet, email, word processing).
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately to meet deadlines.
- Strong member service skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Able to make decisions independently and provide support to all departments.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.