Operations Specialist – Check Services
OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Reconcile and balance incoming & outgoing check returns daily.
- Submit a completed returns reconciliation to CheckAlt, our check-processing vendor.
- Process Federal Reserve check adjustments.
- Balance and maintain Check Post General Ledger (G/L).
- Process co-op ATM return items, and balance co-op G/L.
- Process foreign items.
- Process mailed-in deposits.
- Collaborate closely with Accounting to ensure any outages are resolved in a timely manner, while limiting member impact.
- Contribute to a sense of teamwork and purpose within the department.
- Provide professional, high-quality service to our members and all fellow employees.
- Provide input in increasing operational efficiencies and controlling department expenses.
- Comply with all security and confidentiality procedures.
- Follow all internal control procedures and continuously look for ways to improve.
- Schedule time and resources to ensure all work is completed accurately and on schedule.
- Assist in completing various tasks within the department, and other departments, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Previous general ledger (G/L) balancing preferred.
- Self-starter with a desire to increase their responsibility and value to OnPoint.
- Strong, proven time management and organizational skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and resolve operational and member issues.
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Demonstrated the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- History of successfully handling multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, all while making sound decisions and consistently achieving performance expectations.
- Strong understanding of credit union operations, procedures and applicable regulations.
- Proven accuracy, thoroughness, and orderliness in performing work assignments.
- High school graduate or GED required.
- Minimum of 2 years of successful experience working in a financial institution a plus.
- Occasional lifting/pushing/pulling of objects up to 50lbs.
- Constant 10-key typing.
- Frequent sitting, walking and standing.
OnPoint Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.