Operations Compliance Specialist
iQ Credit Union
Vancouver, WA - optional remote work
At iQ Credit Union, we have amazing employees! They’re collaborative, approachable, and all around exceptional human beings who live out the credit union philosophy of ‘people helping people’ each and every day. With such great employees, it comes as no surprise that we’re rapidly growing and looking to expand our team of exceptional people!
- In cooperation with the Compliance Manager, proactively support the development, management and enhancement of the Credit Unions regulatory operations compliance and training program.
- Develop and implement written operations compliance programs and procedures to effectively review nominated areas of the Credit Union for compliance. Recommend policy revisions as needed.
- Ensure all affected areas of the Credit Union are kept informed of changing laws and procedures for implementation to be completed at the appropriate time.
- Coordinate projects that involve information disclosure and policy changes to inform staff of procedures that must be complied with.
- Coordinate, revise and maintain credit union forms to ensure regulatory operations compliance items are met.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on operations compliance.
- Support the BSA, OFAC, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), and Member Identification Program Officer for the identification of suspicious patterns and timely filing of required CTR and SAR documentation.
- Proactively monitor, analyze, research, and properly report instances of fraud, potential fraud, and suspicious activities to the relevant departments for resolution.
- Evaluate and suggest process improvements for fraud monitoring and detection. Implement these changes where approved by supervisor.
- Assist in the completion of risk assessments.
- Respond timely to staff and member inquiries (phone or email) related to areas of responsibility. Assist in response to complaints of non-compliance as needed.
- Assist in maintaining and updating information in iQ Help, Information Desk, Portal and other knowledge databases.
- Work effectively and cooperatively with other staff, management, committee members and members to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
- Prepare periodic reports as requested.
- Work with NW Compliance CUSO, attorneys, auditors, and examiners in the development of appropriate controls (internal and external) to ensure compliance.
- Review new services and their implementation to ensure compliance.
- Actively participate in staff and department meetings.
- Actively participate in coaching sessions.
- Actively participate in Credit Union marketing programs.
- Other duties as assigned consistent with the position.
Experience: Three to five years of similar or related experience.
Education: A two-year college degree or (2) completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program.