New Account Specialist
iQ Credit Union
- Open accounts such as savings, CD, money market, checking, and business checking.
- Process deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, check orders, ATM/Debit cards, and transfers received by telephone.
- Organize work in order to give prompt attention to member requests and ensure appropriate documentation related to loans and member accounts is completed and submitted accurately and timely.
- Develop new managed relationships with members using Member Onboarding strategy.
- Utilize the Credit Unions Member Management system to build and maintain a personal Book of Business (BOB) with little oversight by management.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Credit Union products and services, including eligibility for members, types of accounts available (savings, checking, loans and other financial services); all current rates; calculation of dividends and interest, insurance coverage available, payroll deduction and other deposit and payment plans.
- Process members loan needs and backs up incoming calls and Live Chat queues.
- Follow up with all referral opportunities via phone and written communication.
- Promptly and efficiently handle inquiries or requests from members or other staff.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
This position is subject to the SAFE Act Registration Requirements You must register and remain in good standing with the Federal Registry System (NMLS) per the SAFE Act requirements. You will be required to submit to the SAFE Act background check and fingerprinting process. Failure to register successfully or to maintain a status in good standing under the SAFE Act will affect your continued employment and may cause immediate termination.