Network Engineer I
iQ Credit Union
Region: Southwest Washington
Contact: Josh Smith
Phone: (360) 418-4169
- Implement, and support all aspects of credit union technology infrastructure, including but not limited to: LAN/WAN/SAN, telecommunication, Software, and server infrastructure. Respond to and support end-users in a professional and timely manner.
- Collaborate with internal staff and external peers to support the credit union’s network infrastructure as a whole, to help achieve business objectives. Use expertise to lead efforts to identify, evaluate, and use emerging technologies to accomplish targeted business outcomes.
- Ensures information security protocols and practices are in place to protect unauthorized access and use of corporate data. Manages risks associated with information and IT assets through the development, use and promotion of the appropriate standards and security policies.
- Provide technical guidance to junior staff. Maintain stability and on-going performance of network systems. Develop and maintain standardized ways of responding to and resolving network systems hardware and software malfunctions.
- Responsible for the continual operation of all network system components, physical servers and virtual server environments, SAN infrastructure, firewalls and telecommunications equipment and telephone system.
- Install and maintain equipment, programs and processes involving these network and server systems. Continually analyze the technical environment within the enterprise to detect important deficiencies.
- Plan, install, upgrade, administer and trouble shoot network-based hardware and software platforms and telecommunications hardware and software. Install and maintain equipment, programs, and processes involving network related systems.
- Actively participate in the planning, prioritization, development and implementation of the Credit Union’s technology plan. Facilitate/coordinate/incorporate ideas of network team into this process. Participate in a direct, or indirect, manner with the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of information technologies within the organization.
- Develop and maintain user guides, diagrams, and procedures of all wide area network systems for technical functions and services.
- Work with vendors supplying or supporting any portion of network related systems. Assist in determining vendor performance criteria and analyzing on-going performance.
- Identify Credit Union software and/or hardware malfunctions and implement corrective action as necessary. Assist in performing applicable regular maintenance of all network equipment (i.e. servers, PCs, printers, etc.).
- Develop and maintain user guides and perform procedures for network related backups of web servers and firewalls. Identify, and/or develop, and maintain effective wide area network perimeter intrusion prevention systems and methods.
- Demonstrate strong regulatory knowledge applicable to this position and understand and comply with government regulations with particular emphasis on the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US Patriot Act and related regulations.
- Actively participate and fulfill expectations in the Credit Union Email Security Awareness Program as outlined in the Information Security Program Acknowledgement document.
Interested in apply? Apply here.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Five to 7 years of similar or related experience.
Education: Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field).