Network Engineer, Hybrid – Remote & Bothell WA
Qualstar Credit Union
Own WAN/LAN/Systems performance to support Qualstar’s mission “To improve our members’ financial lives.”
Qualstar Credit Union has recently made significant technology investments and is now strengthening its IT team by adding a Network Engineer focused on infrastructure. You will join an IT team of programming, development, infrastructure and InfoSec professionals that manages over 75 applications.
This role is critical to delivering on IT’s mission of serving Qualstar’s employees and members with effective & reliable technology solutions that provide simple, intuitive user experiences. The Network Engineer will own the performance of the WAN/LAN across seven sites. They will manage applications, monitor performance, and source, configure, test and install hardware and software. They will manage the primary and secondary data centers, and have responsibility for BCP/DR and InfoSec.
Position level will be determined by candidate qualifications.
The Network Engineer will own the performance of the WAN/LAN/Systems. They will manage applications, monitor performance, and source, configure test and install hardware and software.
- Proactively monitor and diagnosis network level issues, server hardware and windows operating system problems.
- Coordinate installation of new hardware/software: install, test and monitor the operation of computer hardware and software, configure hardware and software to meet departments’ needs.
- Provide tier 3 technical support and resolution of a majority of business system applications.
- Oversee the change management process and guidelines.
- Create and maintain documentation (procedures, system diagrams, checklists, etc.)
- Assist and support disaster recovery practices and business continuity planning and testing.
- Oversee the management and support of the data centers
- Provide mentorship/training for junior personnel, other IT staff or business units on IT Operations applications and processes.
- Tools/Technologies used: Windows, Linux, Unix/AIX, SCCM, Citrix
- Schedule may include occasional evenings, weekends and on-call escalations
- Cisco CCNA certification minimum.
- Microsoft Windows Server specifically 2012-2016
- Citrix ecosystem experience 2 years minimum.
- PowerShell (very highly desired) Minimum 5 years of experience in system administration working with AD, DNS, virtualization, clustering, storage and disaster recovery.
- Secure infrastructure experience, regulated industry experience a plus.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, curiosity and analytical skills
Benefits of joining the Qualstar team:
- Good work life balance
- Expand your technical knowledge into other systems used in the highly secure financial industry
- Competitive monthly salary
- Strong benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision coverage, generous paid vacation and sick leave, discounts on loan rates, disability and life insurance and 401K & pension plans!
Qualstar Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IMPORTANT: PLEASE NOTE THAT PRIOR TO AN INTERVIEW, A BACKGROUND AND CREDIT CHECK ARE CONDUCTED.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.