Mortgage Underwriter III
OnPoint Community Credit Union
- Underwrites mortgage loans in accordance with OnPoint and/or Agency secondary marketing guidelines and approval limits.
- Monitors work queues to ensure compliance with established Service Level Agreements.
- Handles escalated files in a timely manner.
- Prepares all forms of approval and declination that are sent to members.
- Maintains and provides current information on investor or underwriting changes.
- Prepares documents of approval and declination that are sent to members.
- Reviews appraisals, condos and inspections for collateral acceptability.
- Assists in coordination and review of any loan requested for investor audit.
- Accurately interprets and train others in investor guideline changes for all product offerings.
- Supports in mentoring with our Operations partners.
- Maintain program fact sheets for all product offerings.
- Reviews acceptability and efficiency of all processes within area, and works with manager to implement changes as appropriate.
- Perform other projects or duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of all areas relating to mortgage transactions with specific emphasis on credit and collateral underwriting.
- Proficiency in operating Agency loan origination automated underwriting systems (DU and LP)
- Sound administrative skills.
- Effective and strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to organize and disseminate information.
- Ability to perform detailed tasks accurately and efficiently.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize workload.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience working in real estate origination, operations, servicing, quality control or other real estate underwriting.
*This position requires employee to come into the office