Advantis Credit Union
Region: Milwaukie, OR
The Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for making underwriting decisions on all first mortgage loans, home equity loans and consumer loans that are not approved by the Credit Union’s automated lending software. Primary responsibility will be Home equity and TRIAD loans with a secondary focus on first mortgage loans. -Freddie Mac and portfolio loans. This position analyzes loan applications and makes sound underwriting decisions and counter-offers as appropriate. Performs quality control functions for the underwriting department. Provides excellent service and support to branch personnel in originating loans, communicating decisions and acting as a resource regarding loan policies, procedures and rate calculations.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelors Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in consumer loan underwriting, including Home Equity loans. First mortgage underwriting experience preferred.
- Experience with DU/LP required.
- Ability to interpret and apply Advantis policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of underwriting criteria for all loan types.
- Analytical ability to conduct an analysis of applicant’s credit status and recommend alternatives when appropriate.
- Working knowledge of all Credit Union operational policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal regulations.
- Thorough knowledge of the Credit Union’s products and services. Ability to cross-sell Credit Union products and services effectively and accurately.
- Excellent math skills with a basic understanding of accounting. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, fractions, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines for work completion.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel. Proficient in use of Credit Union’s computer system for member account management.
- Flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours. Work schedule may vary to provide sufficient service levels.
- Ability to maintain high standards in areas of security, accuracy, thoroughness, completeness and neatness of documentation, system input, correspondence, system upgrades and system testing.
- Meets annual product knowledge certification, regulation training and other training requirements.
- Ability to exercise judgment, initiative and tact.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
A Great Place to Work!
At Advantis, we help our members succeed financially. We serve our members with a purpose and a passion, and our talented team delivers uncommon value with every interaction. We inspire fresh ideas, bold creativity, and outside-the-box ingenuity by asking, “How can we do banking differently?” We celebrate individual achievement and excellence with proud recognition and upward opportunity.
We work together in a spirit of “together we can” teamwork, mutual respect, and a unified effort to reach common goals. We work hard but we get to do it in an atmosphere that’s upbeat and fun. We live our passionate community commitment to strengthen, educate, and elevate the prosperity of the communities we’re proud to call home.
If you like to work with passion and purpose, collaborate, elevate, and celebrate, Advantis Credit Union is the place for you. Advantis is one of Oregon’s largest member-owned financial cooperatives, serving the Portland areas for over 90 years.
Advantis Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.