Mortgage Secondary Market Specialist
OCCU is here to enrich lives. We do this by hiring tenacious, humble and big-hearted individuals who are driven to work hard, contribute to an outstanding member experience, support their community through volunteering and advocating for community needs, and are dedicated to their own individual growth and development. We offer a competitive wage, benefit and retirement package along with opportunities to develop your career in our growing credit union. Individuals who thrive on problem-solving, making a difference and working for a company that provides more than just a job and are motivated by what OCCU has to offer, are invited to apply today!
OCCU is looking for an experienced Mortgage Secondary Market Specialist to join our high performing team. The Mortgage Secondary Market Specialist plays a key role in the origination process of the mortgage lending experience. This Specialist covers a broad area of responsibilities within Secondary Marketing and Compliance. The Specialist is responsible for lock inquiries, new lock requests, extensions and relocks. They generate and evaluate reports to monitor the lock pipeline. They are expected to tenaciously remain abreast of compliance and regulatory requirements, ensuring that all loans are disclosed timely and accurately and remain in compliance. They are responsible for sending initial disclosures on each loan transaction and all change in circumstance requests.
Location: Eugene, OR
Beginning Base Salary Range: $23.79 – $29.74 per hour
To find out more about Oregon Community Credit Union career opportunities, visit us at: https://www.myoccu.org/current-career-opportunities.
If you want to apply directly to this opportunity, click here: https://myoccu.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/ff774277-f926-f33c-ac73-b4d45aae20c0/apply?source=1586267-CS-22573
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits. These duties are a representative example of position expectations. Actual duties assigned may vary and change depending on the business needs of the department and OCCU.
Rate Lock Desk Responsibilities:
- Retrieve and review lock requests/maintenance from loan origination system (LOS).
- Lock requests and update information with investors as required.
- Enter data from lock requests into LOS.
- Ensure compliance with rate lock policy.
- Provide rate/price quotes to the loan officers and branch staff. Responsible for ensuring mortgage rates posted to digital channels are accurate, timely and compliant.
- Review and accept rate lock requests from loan officers. Clearly and effectively communicate confirmations with loan officers.
- Research pricing requests and update system with appropriate and required pricing changes and/or lock extensions.
- Monitor and communicate locked pipeline activity including lock expiration.
- Utilize competitive rate data to inform management on how current rate offerings align with competitive scan.
- Assist in educating loan officers with pricing scenarios, and OCCU’s lock policy as it relates to various mortgage loan products.
- Collaborate with branch staff, production staff and investors in resolving any pricing, lock, closing or delivery issues to ensure loans are delivered into commitments in a timely manner.
- Complete investor loan sales as needed.
Disclosure Desk Responsibilities:
- Review origination loan application for completeness.
- Prepare initial disclosure and redisclosure packages, to include all Loan Estimates and Change in Circumstances, deliver to members and update internal parties as needed.
- Monitor pipeline to ensure loans are disclosed timely and efficiently.
- Responsible for audit reviews in area of compliance disclosures.
- Remain current on all mortgage compliance regulations and provide guidance in area to other mortgage staff.
Functional Tasks and Duties:
- Ensure that solutions maintain compliance with Credit Union and regulatory standards.
- Adhere to all documented standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Deliver quality work within specified timelines.
- Demonstrate self-motivation, attention to detail, organization and the ability to work both independently and in group settings. Organize workload to ensure priority responsibilities are completed with quality and as scheduled.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding all sensitive, confidential and proprietary Credit Union information.
- Anticipate service issues and determine root cause and potential solutions.
Qualified candidates for this position will have relevant education and experience necessary to perform the essential functions and meet the minimum performance expectations for this position with or without an accommodation.
Preferred qualifications for the position include:
- Minimum of two years of experience working in mortgage operations role or equivalent. Three or more years of experience preferred.
- Minimum of one year of experience working in mortgage rate lock/secondary market/compliance role or equivalent, preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and spreadsheet/report building skills required.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
An equivalent combination of experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position will be considered in lieu of the outlined requirements.
Physical Demands and Work Requirements:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to:
- Work for extended periods of time in a stationary position (possibly up to 60 minutes or more without an opportunity to substantially change position) while consistently grasping, moving and manipulating documents, office supplies, computer equipment and other business tools and materials.
- Use and operate a personal computer, office equipment and other technology devices frequently and consistently throughout each day with a high degree of skill, accuracy and independent judgment.
- Move to, from and within our building and across company-related property site locations as needed, possibly for extended periods of time.
- Correspond, communicate and exchange information with other employees, members and other third parties with whom we work in-person, via telephone, virtually or by other electronic means using available technology during meetings, presentations and other situations in which business information may be shared, discussed or exchanged.
- Maintain professional and respectful communication style and steady work focus to ensure reactions and responses to varied situations, stress, ambiguity, frustration, disappointment and disagreements. Set an example to others of appropriate workplace communications while contributing to a strong, harmonious team dynamic.
- Lift, transport and/or move up to approximately 25 lbs. occasionally in the performance of regular duties.
- Remain alert and able to observe surrounding areas and conditions at all times to identify, recognize and respond to potential obstacles, safety concerns, hazards, threats, property conditions requiring attention, unauthorized and/or dangerous persons and emergencies.
Work Environment: Office-related work is primarily conducted in a temperature-controlled office environment. Our office spaces include traditional office lighting (including fluorescent lighting), as well as shared office spaces and facilities that result in consistent and frequent noise (moderate and often louder than ambient noise), conversations among employees and/or members, interruptions and other similar distractions.
Work Hours: This job can typically be done within a Monday through Friday schedule; however, based on events going on there will be times when evening and weekend work is required with little or no notice.
OCCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer