Mortgage Relationship Officer
Unitus Community Credit Union
At Unitus, each employee has an opportunity to make a difference for our members. The Mortgage Relationship Officer (MRO) will generate funded mortgage loan applications and promote Unitus to the local housing industry and membership ensuring our commitment for unparalleled service – the kind that creates the Unitus difference. Our strong team of leaders, outstanding culture, above market benefits, continuous involvement in the communities we serve, and competitive pay programs make Unitus an excellent place to contribute and grow your talents.
- Provide ongoing product support and training to frontline staff ensuring member awareness
- Encourage and ensure member awareness and advocacy in home ownership
- Contribute to improving approval-to-book and look-to-book ratios and generate quality assets for the Credit Union through interactions with internal stakeholders, external partners, and members
- Generate quality assets for the Credit Union
As an ideal candidate, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of current residential real estate lending sales experience
- Recent experience with government and community-based programs (e.g. FHA, USDA, and VA)
- Experience with mortgage loan origination and automated underwriting systems
- A license in the National Mortgage Licensure System (NMLS) and be SAFE Act compliant
- Willingness to travel on a regular basis within the areas Unitus serves
- Excellent communication skills including effective listening, written composition, problem solving, and tact in dealing with internal and external members, third party vendors, and colleagues
- Strong ability to multi-task while maintaining attention to detail and perform accurate proofreading and timely follow through
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel, with the ability to learn and adapt to specialized loan software
- Demonstrated ability to conduct basic and complex loan document needs assessments, identify problems, and exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to prioritize tasks and adapt to a wide range of job responsibilities
- Proven ability to learn information quickly and maintain composure under pressure in a complex, high production, structured environment
- Reliability and dependability in being at work, being on time, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to all company wide and department specific policies and procedures
- Spanish language skills preferred
What’s it really like to work here?
We are a people-focused organization that places an emphasis on culture. Unitus is local, successful, and committed to continuously improving and growing!
Unitus Community Credit Union (Unitus) is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment based on race, color, age, sex, religion, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process.